• Performs technical work related to planning, implementation and ongoing maintenance of application systems needed to run business critical applications at an enterprise level
• Acts as project/team leader in these areas.
• Represents the highest level of technical support for a particular application system.
• Serves much like a liaison between management and less experienced administrators.
• Counsels, consults and mentors others regarding application systems.
• Works closely with management to develop and implement enterprise-wide short and long-range application system strategies.
• Assists management with budget development, contract management, software evaluation and acquisition and standards development.
• 4 Year Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent technical work experience
• English (fluent)
• Additional languages (French, German, etc.) are considered as asset
• At least 5 years of SAP BASIS administration experience
• Experience with global deployment of SAP
• Experience with SAP environments that are not related to ERP (i.e. BW/BI, SCM, Portal or EP, MDM)
• Solution Manager implementation experience
• Equivalent work experience must include 5 years information technology experience or 5-7 years experience in OS administration
IT Skills & Soft Skills
• Excellent communication and team skills
• Expert troubleshooting skills
• Advanced understanding of networking technologies and protocols
• Works across functional support areas to tune system for optimal performance.
• Involved with the evaluation of enterprise-wide application systems and develops details analysis reports and recommendations for business critical systems.
• Involved with the planning, design, management and implementation of enterprise-wide application on a variety of platforms.
• Participates in 24/7 on call support of application.
• Participates in the planning, acquisition, management and implementation of systems and application software in coordination with technical and business teams.
• Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assists other team members in implementing the solution.