Position: AVP, Fiduciary
The Maples Group is a global leader in financial services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms, and international corporations.
Our side-by-side financial and legal teams consistently deliver award-winning services to a global client base, offering unrivalled learning and career opportunities to our 2,500 colleagues worldwide.
What is it like to work here?
We are driven to excel, and collaboration is key to our continued success. We can go further for our clients because we go further for each other too. Our inclusive culture creates an environment where people can be themselves at work while doing their best work. No matter where you work in the Maples Group, you will be part of a global team.
We are looking for an accomplished Assistant Vice President to join our Fiduciary Team as part of our financial services business in Luxembourg.
As part of the global expansion of the Maples Group’s financial services offering, our Luxembourg office opened its doors in 2007. Located in Cloche d'Or, a commitment to service excellence and investment in our people quickly established Luxembourg as a regional hub where our 80+ teammates deliver the best-in-class solutions to clients worldwide alongside our Maples and Calder (legal services) colleagues
As part of our Luxembourg team you will be performing below key duties:
- Serving as a relationship manager for a diverse portfolio of Luxembourg companies engaged in structured finance, securitization and portfolio management activities
- Assisting with the client acceptance and compliance process
- Incorporating Luxembourg companies
- Dealing with daily administrative matters and queries on accounting
- Reviewing transaction documents, corporate secretarial matters and participation in board meetings
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Experience in liaising with investment bankers, lawyers, investment managers, prime brokers, custodians and other transaction parties located in various international jurisdictions, as well as strong drafting and communication skills, are essential
- Relevant experience gained in Luxembourg
- An understanding of structured finance transactions, experience in reviewing transaction documents and knowledge of corporate governance, relevant Luxembourg laws and regulatory requirements is a must
- Fluent English is required (additional languages are viewed as beneficial)
Benefits & Rewards
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
- Hybrid work
- Lunch vouchers
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at maples.com/privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.