State Street is an industry leader in providing administrative fund services to Private Equity managers within our Alternative Investment Solutions business. Our Hybrid Services team was organized to deliver customized service solutions for investment funds that have closed end structures and a diverse spectrum of portfolio investments. We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to our clients. This opportunity uniquely offers candidates the opportunity to service hybrid alternative products. Portfolio asset classes can include: equities, private debt, real estate, derivatives, energy, and other private investments. Employees interact daily with functional teams including; trade operations, investor services, custody, tax, and financial reporting both locally and in globally diverse locations.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to an AVP, the Officer is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV). They are also responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction within a Private Equity Fund Accounting department.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service delivered to assigned clients
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources with the support of the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and AVP informed of issue. Record the issue in an issues log and track progress
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out)
Qualifications, skills and experience
- 5 years + fund accounting experience
- Knowledge of alternative investments funds in Luxembourg
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
‘As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks’