Private Markets Solutions Specialist - Officer (m/f)
Make Your Mark. Advance your career at State Street. We are excited to see that you are reviewing career opportunities available at State Street. Follow the tips below when applying. If this opportunity is not right for you – perhaps you may want to refer a friend? Are you advancing your own career? After clicking “Apply” you will be able to update your Education and Job History. Use it to highlight courses, certifications, achievements or projects you have participated in at State Street. To make updates, go to the Career section of your Profile and edit it manually or by using the “Upload My Experience” option. Remember to review all new entries in your profile and make sure resume information was parsed correctly. Before applying, please click here to read State Street’s Internal Mobility Policy. (For China, click here ) Are you referring a friend? Please use the “Refer” button on the right. If you have any questions about the process please visit the corporate intranet and type in Refer a Friend into the search bar.
Officer Private Markets Solutions Specialist
Reports to: EMEA Alternatives Segment Lead
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and motivated private markets specialist to join our EMEA Alternatives solutions team. This is a highly visible role designed to develop viable commercial solutions and proposals working very closely with the sales team.
The ideal candidate is a private markets specialist who can collaborate across teams to lead and develop solutions for prospects and drive business growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise - strong background in the Alternative Investments spanning Private Equity, Real Assets, Hybrid, Infrastructure asset classes and Hedge Funds and have a good understanding of source systems and processes of major vendor applications. Assist in developing solutions that can be deployed for complex clients.
- Support the Segment team by working with teams across our global organisation to define and solution critical deals and to ensure that the relevant subject matter experts are consulted and that critical design assumptions and strategic options are thoroughly explored.
- Provide guidance and direction to the team to drive business development, including providing support in Request for Information / Proposals, ensuring quality responses and participating in commercial negotiations]
- Responsible for providing Alts segment MIS including providing inputs into strategy updates, maintaining key stakeholders contacts, key performance indicators to optimise team efficiency
- Assist with providing any required post-sales guidance to support the smooth implementation of proposed solutions.
- Support business cost analysis, support business cases and risk analysis of large and complex deals.
- Tracking of key metrics to drive the sustainable growth of the private markets business across all major segments.
- Strong knowledge of Private Markets or Hedge Fund requirements and middle and back office operations / operating model
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including producing Powerpoint presentations), should have ability to concisely and accurately summarise complex issues in written form.
- High degree of IT Literacy
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload.
- Should possess strong initiative, show ability to build relationships across EMEA divisions and teams and be able to create innovative solutions to problems without a high degree of supervision.
- University degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, finance or technology degree required)
- Minimum 5 years working in Private Markets Fund Management administration or client service / relationship management role
About State Street What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.