Experienced accountant M/F/O
For a prestigious client located in Luxembourg and easily accessible by transport, we are looking for an experienced accountant M/F.
You will be part of a team of 5 people and your tasks will be the following.
- Play a key role in the department's cross-functional development projects such as improvements / automations of the accounting and asset management systems, and particularly also the implementation of standards (such as IFRS17)
- Prepare summary documents: balance sheet, income statement, notes to the accounts, various reports to tax authorities, regulators and various organizations.
- Conduct daily, monthly and quarterly accounting work for the company: recording, checking and validating accounting entries in the system, reconciling and lettering transactions, checking accounts and atypical transactions
- Participate in the preparation of tax returns related to the company's activities
- Participate in various controls inherent to the department (technical and internal controls)
- You have a degree in accounting and/or a similar experience of 5 to 10 years in the insurance or investment funds sector.
- You are familiar with financial products (funds, securities, structured products, derivatives, foreign exchange), their functioning, their characteristics and their investment cycles.
- You understand the main principles of life insurance (Luxembourg) and in particular the Units of Account.
- You speak English. All other languages would be an asset.
- You have a good command of the Pack Office, VBA and financial information software (e.g.: Bloomberg, Six...).
- You are dynamic and autonomous.
Our client offers:
- A dynamic team with a working environment where solidarity and cooperation are key values.
- A permanent employment contract with an attractive salary and benefits.