SOFTWARE TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER TRAINEE
As a Trainee in our Quality Assurance team you will have the opportunity to gain an insight into a variety of activities and tasks related to Quality Assurance. You will be part of the IT department and will provide support for the day-to-day business and contribute to QA-related projects. This opportunity is a full-time internship contract of six months. Alternatively, a part-time internship over 12 months is also possible.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Software Test Automation Engineer Trainee, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to the bank’s test approach covering various applications (fronted/backend) and workflows
- Review and analyse business requirements (user stories) and acceptance criteria
- Establish or update a database for (automated) regression tests
- Automate manual tests to ensure specific quality levels with regards to business requirements
- Report, investigate and document identified quality issues and defects
- Suggest solutions to solve identified defects
- Collaborate with Product Delivery, Application Development team members and other delivery team members
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements of QA procedures and processes
Depending on your profile, your responsibilities will be focused on either of these two sets of activities:
- Collaborate with other test automation engineers in the selection, design, development and maintenance of automated test cases
- Analyse the efficiency and return-on-investment of test automation by setting up and monitoring various KPIs
- Participate in proof-of-concept and prototyping initiatives.
- Generate high and low-level test cases covering business requirements in appropriate testing tools
- Prepare test data for test execution
- Support integration testing activities of system components in cross-functional teams
- Document test executions and test results on different test environments.
- You are enrolled at or recently graduated from a college or university in IT or Finance
- Interest in Software Development, Quality Assurance or IT Infrastructure/Architecture
- Good command of MS office and programming languages such as Java, Python or SQL
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Open-minded with strong desire to learn and grow in a fast-moving international environment
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself with new technologies, gain an understanding of complex applications and to transfer and abstract knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- A precise and accurate working style with an eye for detail
- A proactive and reliable team player
- Fluency in English is mandatory; French and/or German are advantageous
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full-time internship contract for a period of six months, or a part-time contract for 12 months
- Dynamic and international environment #TeamAdvanzia
- Participation in various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects as part of the bank’s Advanzia Plus initiative
Where you will be working
Located in bright and modern offices in Munsbach at 15 minutes from Luxembourg City, Advanzia currently employs around 200 employees from all over the world. We offer a pleasant and collaborative working atmosphere in a truly multicultural environment.
Looking for a new professional challenge in a fast-growing company?
Apply today and send your CV and motivational letter in English.
Click here to find out more about your career opportunities at Advanzia Bank.