Amazon Postdoctoral Scientist , EU ATS Research Science
Publiée le 07/05/2023
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
Amazon Transportation Services is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist with Operations Research or Applied Mathematics background, to join our team in the EU Headquarters in Luxembourg, for a one-plus-one year full-time research position. As a key member of the EU Research Science Team, this person will be responsible for designing and implementing beyond state of the art algorithmic frameworks that optimize the middle-mile Amazon Transportation Network. The successful applicant will ensure that our end-to-end strategies in terms of customer demand fulfillment, routing, consolidation locations, linehaul/airhaul/sea options and last-mile transportation are streamlined and optimized
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Work closely with a senior science advisor, collaborate with other scientists and engineers, and be part of Amazon’s vibrant and diverse global science community.
• Publish your innovation in top-tier academic venues and hone your presentation skills.
• Be inspired by challenges and opportunities to invent cutting-edge techniques in your area(s) of expertise.
• PhD in a relevant field, received within 2 years of starting the program
• Proven publication record in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Vision, AI, Computer Science, Econ, or other related technical fields
• Experience in data science and quantitative research
• Proficiency in technologies relevant to the subfield
Postdocs demonstrate the following preferred job qualifications:
• Ability to independently deliver results in a fast-paced environment
• Publications at top-tier, peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Expert knowledge in modeling and performance, operationalization, and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
Required application materials:
• CV, which lists all peer-reviewed publications and conferences,
• Research statement that outlines your research achievements and future research interests, and
• A journal article or book chapter that demonstrates your domain expertise.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.