Our team is responsible for Amazon's connectivity to deliver billions of shipments each year. We design and develop models to shape our network design. We optimize the way we model supply chain to scale decision making through automated processes.
We are looking for a versatile Data Engineer to develop a variety of technical projects from design to production. You will work directly with stakeholders and technical partners to implement cutting edge big data solutions that provide actionable insights to the business. You will implement code pipelines, working with a wide range of data and AWS technologies (e.g. EMR, Lambda, ECS, Quicksight, Neptune). You will create data and ML models to drive decisions EU-wide. You will create decks and dashboards to provide control and visibility to business. You will stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate. The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modelling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution. This role will also build optimization algorithms to process outputs and support structures needed to analyze data.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Solve challenging problems around big data processing, data warehouse design, and enabling automation or self-service
- Move optimization algorithms and automation logics from design to production environments
- Develop code agilely and work in a fast-paced DevOps environment with code review within the team
- Continuously improve ongoing reporting and analytical processes, automating and simplifying for customers
- Be able to dive deep raw data from different sources understanding how they are linked and extracting conclusions
- Develop analytics to find opportunities to maximize our KPIs
- Possess high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new technological concepts/frameworks to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Math/Probability and Statistics
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization.
- Advanced Python
- Experience in cloud environments (AWS, Azure…)