***This role can be based in Luxembourg, Munich or London. ***
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Senior Finance Analyst to support our EU Middle Mile transportation network, ATS. We are continuously innovating on behalf of Amazon customers to deliver larger selection quicker and at lower prices.
In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly influencing the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network (https://youtu.be/en5YqrtBGvY). The role will require quickly learning operations to understand economics and key financial drivers, and gaining proficiency with Amazon data systems in order to conduct efficient analyses, while allowing flexibility of working part-time, on set days agreed upon onboarding. You will be working closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfilment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce cost, while improving customer experience. You are a person who enjoys operating in a dynamic, fast changing environment. You are able to process complex and, at times, ambiguous data, identifying and addressing key risks and helping operations to develop efficient customer centric solutions, while efficiently managing your time. In your previous role(s), you have been successfully managing multiple priorities, proactively and clearly communicating with key stakeholders, driving projects independently, and successfully delivering within the agreed timelines.
· Analysing Opex spend to understand trends and patterns.
· Collaborate with business partners to review future spend plans across different categories.
· Preparing concise documents, tailored to various levels of stakeholders, and collaborating with operations’ leaders and other teams.
· Driving continuous improvement and standardization of processes.
· Partner with other teams to build solutions and drive automation initiatives, with a strong focus on Sustainability.
· Design key metric reporting for Business Partners.
Key job responsibilities
- Analyze large datasets to find out cost savings opportunities.
- Understand operational processes that drive planning, scheduling, execution activities and find out process improvement opportunities.
- Work across finance, Ops, software development teams to find defects, size opportunities and drive change that improves cost performance.
- Making sure to maintain high quality of analysis and reporting on impact of projects.
A day in the life
You are passionate about cost improvement, you enjoy looking into large datasets to find patterns. You get into complex systems to understand their behavior fully, look into the data and algorithms to find defects. You have strong stakeholder and project management skills and you can independently drive an idea to its conclusion.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus.
- Corporate finance or related analytical experience.
- Previous experience with Logistics, Supply Chain or Procurement.
- MBA or other advance degree.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, etc.).
- Intermediate or advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.