The Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team owns Amazon’s global inventory management systems. We decide how much inventory we should have of every product Amazon carries and where it should be placed in our fulfillment network so that we can delight our customers and meet Amazon’s business goals. Our large-scale automated inventory systems are built entirely in-house and are pioneering the space of supply chain planning and optimization systems. The Automated Inventory Management (AIM) team owns ensuring that the SCOT systems achieve the best possible business outcome through automated auditing of inputs, outputs, and executions of our Supply Chain decisions. Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
As a Senior PM of Automated Inventory Management (AIM), you would be responsible to drive availability and inventory health on millions of products every week by ensuring our inputs, algorithms, and processes are executing optimal inventory management decisions, flagging where they are not, and driving both short-term fixes and long term systemic solutions to achieve optimal business outcomes. You will work with a team of Product Managers, Development and Business Intelligence Engineers as well as Data Scientists to build processes and analytics that bridge the gaps between the actuals and the desired, optimal state. You will analyze the potential customer and financial impacts of these projects, prioritize them, and create a roadmap to deliver them.
You thrive when asking questions about anomalies, diving deep into their root causes, and working with the SCOT and Retail teams to get them resolved.
This is a highly visible role that requires interaction and partnership with senior leaders of Amazon Retail, Finance, SCOT functional teams and the Operations teams. The ideal candidate is a leader who can prioritize, communicate clearly, and who understands how to nurture the focus, excellence, and alignment across teams to deliver on the AIM team’s vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years product management experience (or equivalent)
- Experience delivering analytical products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing relationships at senior levels (Director, VP)
- Advanced Knowledge in SQL
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or Computer Science
- Experience working with a complex international inventory or supply chain management organization
- Experience in roles that operate strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.