Amazon strives to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring shipments are delivered quickly, safely, and as compliant as possible. Amazon’s Transportation Risk and Compliance Team (TRC) protects Amazon’s various transportation businesses by implementing scalable risk management solutions that foster continued business growth.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative Software Development leader who thrives in dealing with ambiguity and able to independently drive efforts to change the “impossible” to possible. We are seeking a seasoned Software Development Manager (SDM) to drive the development, maintenance, evaluation, and enhancement of technical products that optimize compliance reviews and audits of Amazon’s transportation business while providing the best experience possible for our customers, both internal and external. The ideal candidate can drive a technical vision that aligns with the product and operational vision, get alignment from cross-functional leadership, then manage a team that builds fast, scalable, and robust systems that bring that vision to light. The SDM will work with the product owner and partner teams to ensure requirements are clear, thorough, and “future proofed” to allow our transportation businesses to scale in support of worldwide launch activities. This leader will think creatively to solve complex business challenges and be willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
You are the ideal candidate if you are:
*A Designer* - You craft a vision despite ambiguity and figure out how to deliver against it -- delivering value today that can flex and scale for the future.
*A Customer-Obsessed Athlete* – You obsess over the needs of your customers. You advocate for them with your internal stakeholder teams. You constantly look for ways to not only remove pain points for your customers, but offer them something better.
*An Leader Others Want to Follow -* You earn trust with your team and your stakeholders and ensure they turn the impossible to possible.
*A Problem Solver* – Challenges excite you! You look beyond constraints to develop solutions that achieve more than what was once thought possible.
*A Results-Oriented Leader* – You’re focused on hitting objectives and delivering results with high standards to customers. You bring intense commitment and a willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
*Self-Motivated* – You take initiative and are proactive. You can operate successfully and independently in a rapidly changing and undefined environment. Like a start-up pro, you’re prepared to wear many hats.
*A Calculated Risk Taker* – You use data to make calculated decisions and you adjust as you learn and/or as situations change.
* 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 4+ years professional experience in software development
* 3+ years professional experience in managing software development teams
* Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language - e.g., C, C++, Objective C, or Java
* Excellent communication (written/oral) and stakeholder/partner management
* Analytical and quantitative skills and data-driven decision making
* An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
* Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MBA, or equivalent experience
* Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain experience a plus
* Risk Management or regulatory experience a plus
* Lean or Six Sigma certifications a plus
* Success building and launching new products at scale
* General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to influence others.
* Problem-solving passion and service orientation
* Experience in communicating with end users, technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.