Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us build the future. In the Global Transportation Technology Services team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape how customers will get what they need in the coming decades. This role offers the rare opportunity to shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale. We do work that impacts hundreds of Fulfillment Centers (FCs), thousands of associates, and millions of customers across the world.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about global transportation and are excited about joining a team in a fast-moving space.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
- Design and deliver exciting new features for Global transportation tech team
- Mentor and assist in the career development of junior engineers
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Influence the technical direction for the team
- Build the team into an engineering center of excellence
About the team
Global Transportation Tech Services (GTTS) builds technology to support thousands of operators worldwide to design, build and run the best in class Amazon transportation network. We are building intelligent software to make transportation more reliable, faster, and less costly, providing a better and less expensive experience for our customers. The Software provides visibility on future topology changes for higher forecast and planning accuracy. We facilitate and integrate planning (forecast generation, caps automation) as well as monitoring the gaps in the network. This helps the planning teams to foresee gaps in the resources , and plan them better ahead in time.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in software engineering experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience with development using AWS Technologies
- Experience with Java or other Object Oriented language
- Demonstrated ability to reach stretch goals in a highly innovative environment
- Excellent analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Experience building highly available systems operating 24/7
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile, Kanban or equivalent software development methodologies.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role