Valuation Officer – liquid/illiquid funds
Publiée le 15/03/2023
Apex Group Luxembourg
FundRock Management Company S.A. is a leading independent UCITS Management Company and Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM), offering solutions for Luxembourg, UK, Ireland, France and Singapore based funds.
We have over 150+ dedicated staff in 7 international office locations, managing over 460+ funds with an AuM of EUR 113 Billion distributed in 30+ countries for over 100+ reputable clients.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Valuation Officer vacancy to join the Valuation Function within FundRock. The role will be based in Hesperange (Luxembourg) on a permanent full-time basis. The Valuation Function covers funds with both liquid and illiquid strategies and this role will be a hybrid role performing valuation oversight on both segments.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
- Largely involved in the production duties (day-to-day) of the Valuation Function.
- Perform periodic NAV checks on Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) with illiquid strategies (private equity, private equity funds, private debts, real estate etc.);
- Monitor the separate AIFs NAV reporting timetables in relation to NAV delivery dates and team deadlines;
- Monitor and review the AIFs asset portfolios (asset costs and fair values etc.) and develop preliminary analytical reviews (consistency checks) to monitor changes;
- Assist the Valuation Function in reviewing asset valuation models - mainly for illiquid and unquoted assets including private equity, real estate, private debt and other hard-to-value assets;
- Assist the Valuation Function in reviewing derivatives models – to perform valuation checks (recalculating market values, review and reconcile prices etc.);
- Work on the stale price report and justify and document explanations for stale prices + monitoring over time;
- Work with onboarding team to identify and confirm nature and type of fund assets and assist with drafting the valuation policy for the funds;
- Assist the Valuation Function in reviewing asset purchase prices and sale prices in relation to investment transactions for illiquid AIFs;
- Attend periodic Valuation Committee meetings and provide substance to the Valuation Committee;
- Assist the Valuation Team in performing initial and ongoing due diligences on external valuation agents;
- Manage relationships with clients and external parties (auditors, delegates, service providers, etc.) in relation to valuation checks performed;
- Draft FundRock Service Level Agreements valuation sections, review of prospectus, specific agreements fees schedules and other documents in line with client requirements and in relation with the valuation function;
- Participation in different projects (implementation of new regulations, systems, presentations, etc.);
- Assist the risk management and the portfolio management functions when required;
- Coach more junior valuation officers within the Valuation Team.
- Masters in Finance or Quantitative Finance or similar education.
- 3-5 years experience in either external audit, valuation, derivatives oversight.
- Knowledge of the fund industry and AIFM or ManCo structure, duties, and relevant regulations.
- A strong understanding of illiquid and unquoted assets and financial derivatives (swaps/futures/options/warrants/FETs).
- Understanding of financial modelling to review unlisted assets fair valuation (income approach/market approach/hybrid approach/reproduction method/replacement method).
- Team spirit and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage various tasks.
- Meticulous and highly organised.
- High standards of quality and numerical accuracy.
What you will get in return:
- Supportive team environment
- Training and development opportunities to further your career
- A unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/.