Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are currently looking for a:
Associate 0 – 2 years’ experience European Law (m/f)
- You will join our European law team, which provides a full range of EU Financial and Competition law services;
- You will assist companies active in Luxembourg and abroad in industrial and financial sectors of the economy as well as public and international entities and authorities;
- You will advise on antitrust, merger control, state aid, public procurement, regulated sectors and EU regulatory questions;
- You will report directly to the partner in charge;
- You will supervise your assigned trainees;
- You will train less experienced lawyers within the team and organize the team’s work.
- You hold a university degree in law, ideally completed by a postgraduate degree in Competition or EU law;
- You have ideally obtained some prior experience, either through internship(s) or permanent employment (especially in antitrust, merger control or state aid matters);
- Knowledge of banking and financial law is an asset;
- You have a perfect command of English and a fluent command of French, both with excellent written communication and legal drafting skills. German is considered a real asset;
- You are able to prioritize and efficiently handle multiple tasks;
- You are open-minded, self-driven, flexible and capable of working pro-actively and well organized in a very dynamic and demanding environment.
- A permanent position (possibility to work on a part time basis);
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.