Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate, employment and tax matters.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are currently recruiting within our various practice areas:
Experienced Employment Lawyer
You will join a reputable team of experts in a leading Luxembourg Employment Law practice with a remarkable track record of landmark cases. Your area of expertise will encompass employment law, as well as social security law, business immigration and all related queries. An ideal candidate would have commercial acumen, capability to think on their feet, a strong work ethic and looking to evolve and excel in a constantly-changing domain. While the position is ideally geared to a commercial/advisory profile, litigation opportunities are available to interested candidates.
- Work closely alongside the different team members to advise a clientele of both Luxembourg-based businesses and entrepreneurs, as well as international groups, on all direct and indirect aspects of employment law; Work alongside other departments, notably in corporate or banking transactions;
- Provide business orientated risk analysis and pre-litigation counsel to clients as well as one-off and/or ongoing advisory assistance to clients;
- Participate in the animation of broad range of in-house and external training offered by Arendt;
- Train junior colleagues and contribute to knowledge sharing activities.
- You hold a university degree in law (Master 2 from France, Belgium or Luxembourg);
- You are a court advocate (avocat à la Cour) registered with the Luxembourg Bar Association (preferably List 1);
- You have acquired at least 6 years of professional experience in a law firm, ideally in Luxembourg in the above-mentioned field;
- You have gained experience independently managing cases and requests for legal advice in employment law, and you are able to determine the best strategies for protecting the interests of your clients. Commercial kno-how and business acumen is a strong asset;
- You are fluent in French and English, written and spoken. Knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish would be an asset;
- You demonstrate a real ability to work autonomously, in particular through the initiatives you take and the files you handle.
- A permanent position (possibility to work on a part time basis);
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organization;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.