Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 350 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg. Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
To be based in our Luxembourg office, we are looking for a:
Experienced Lawyer Assistant (m/f)
You support a team of experienced lawyers to keep the business running smoothly, focus on business operations to handle related clerical and administrative tasks effectively and efficiently. The position is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high-functioning law firm evolving in a multicultural environment.
- Assisting and coordinating of all administrative tasks related to one portfolio. Maintaining and monitoring the entire life cycle of a client file from opening until closing. Supporting the person in charge of the file to coordinate the value chain;
- Ensuring that the allocated portfolio is in compliance with the firm’s rules and standards, such as the KYC process for example;
- Recording the files parameters and data correctly enabling invoices to be issued timely, if necessary taking action to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Monitoring budget constraints on a regular basis;
- Updating CRM database precisely on a regular basis;
- Preparing/ Finalising and formatting legal documents upon given instruction. Filing of documents in compliance with the applicable conventions in the dedicated software;
- Assisting and coordinating of certification and e-filing procedures with public authorities;
- Managing the time schedules of experienced Lawyers. Monitoring calendars to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Scheduling meetings, setting up conference calls across multiple times zones, organising internal and external events/ meetings, venue organisation and preparation of required documents. Taking meeting notes if applicable;
- Taking phone messages, mail services and office correspondence, general copying, filing, scanning;
- Booking business travel arrangements.
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Office Manager or Business Administration;
- You have a service-oriented mind-set with the necessary eye for detail and problem solving
- You have excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise work;
- You have ideally at least 5 years of proven professional experience as an administrative
- assistant in an international and fast paced environment;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English and
- intercultural competence;
- You are highly proficient in MS Office (perfect command of Word and Power Point);
- You are able to work autonomously and as a team player;
- You are able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- We offer:
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.