Arendt Services, which is part of Arendt & Medernach, the largest law firm in Luxembourg, is regulated by the Luxembourg supervisory authority (CSSF – Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) and operates under the status of Professional of Financial Sector (“PSF”).
Arendt Services offers a wide range of services, such as domiciliation, corporate secretarial and accounting services, fund services, directorship of companies, tax-compliance services and assistance in the winding-up of companies.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are looking for a
General Accounting Manager (m/f)
- Supervise accounting production;
- Supervise the monthly closing of accounts;
- Establish financial status of the Company and its subsidiaries and report financial information to the authorities;
- Assist the CFO, for reporting key figures including in managing the team.
- Manage and assist the team in every process of accounting data production : monitoring the encoding of suppliers invoicing, conservation and financial data archiving;
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation of financial data;
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing and ensure the timely reporting of all accounting or fiscal information;
- Produce mandatory reports to comply with the CSSF and the administrations duties;
- Prepare the annual independent audits including drafting financial statements which are audited under LUXGAAP rules;
- Audit departmental accounting data, identifie and correct errors, identifie and compute accruals, applie accounting principles and recommend revisions in departmental accounting procedures to ensure conformance with applicable laws, Board policies and Luxemburgish General Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Maintain quality and integrity of the financial information by establishing internal controls;
- Supervise 2-4 accountants and also other designated employees in the department. Those responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, validating their time reports and appraising their performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems as needed;
- Assist the Senior Manager and the CFO in the daily accounting requirements and directly report to him;
- Implement and execute suggestions to optimize accounting operations in order to make it productive;
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Preparation and review periodic VAT declaration
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting with advanced courses in finance preferred;
- Over four years of experience in a similar job in a commercial company;
- Good communication skills, with particular strengths in relationship building and prioritizing actions in difficult situations;
- High supervising and monitoring skills; interacts easily with all level of staff;
- Fluent in both French and English;
- DeMaSy software skills would be an added value.
- Have a first experience in the AIFM accounting rules will be an asset
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.