Arendt Regulatory & Consulting is a Luxembourg specialist advisory company owned by Luxembourg’s largest law firm, Arendt & Medernach. Its consultants come from various horizons, with a strong background in consultancy and industry. Arendt Regulatory & Consulting proposes pragmatic and business-minded regulatory advice and assistance to professionals in the financial services industry.
Arendt Regulatory & Consulting is a young and enthusiastic firm composed of professionals from diverse backgrounds with strong track records in consultancy and the fund industry.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are currently looking for:
Senior Advisor - Risk Management (m/f)
As a consultant on the Risk Management team at Arendt Regulatory & Consulting, you will perform a variety of tasks, including the following primary duties:
Assist with the daily operations of Risk Managementfunctions in the service of investment fund managers. Among other things, this could entail:
- Research and follow-up on the latest risk management guidelines (ESMA Q&As, CSSF circulars, etc.);
- Review of statutory client documentation (term sheets, prospectuses, placement memoranda, etc.) and summary of risk-related information for further analysis;
- Review, assessment and drafting of risk management procedures and processes; Performance of assessments in the context of investment compliance (UCITS and AIFs);
- Advising on risk management best practices for a broad range of asset classes (PE, RE, debt, infrastructure, liquid assets);
- Preparation of risk management training materials;
- Development, testing and documenting the outcomes of risk solutions, both while under development and following rollout;
- Preparation and submission of risk reports on behalf of clients;
- Other ad-hoc tasks, depending on the development of the regulatory framework for risk management.
- You have a Master’s degree in Economy, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field;
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in the fund industry including exposure to UCITS and/or AIFs and the associated risks, ideally through relevant work experience with a consultancy, IFM or bank;
- You are proficient in Excel and other MS office tools (Word, PowerPoint);
- Basic knowledge of programming (Python or C#), database management (SQL, etc.) and/or Latex would be an advantage ;
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and have a reading knowledge of French; additional languages would be an advantage;
- You are able to think outside the box, reflect critically on problems in financial theory and risk modelling (e.g. by understanding the underlying assumptions and limitations), deliver work that is accurate and of a high quality, and meet tight deadlines;
- You are proactive, with good communication skills; a healthy sense of humour would be a definite advantage.
- We provide a competitive package, with a clear path for professional development and a good worklife balance. Beyond this, we offer an exceptional work environment at Arendt House on a young, international and fun team of professionals who never take themselves too seriously, and value teamwork over flying solo.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.