Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
Given the ongoing development of our firm, we are currently recruiting:
Experienced Lawyer (m/f)
Bank Lending & Structured Finance
- You will strengthen the Bank Lending & Structured Finance team and will advise, draw up and negotiate all forms of agreements in a full range of the credit spectrum.
- You will be part of a multicultural and dynamic team collaborating on transaction-related matters with an international dimension;
- You will advise domestic and international banks and financial institutions on leveraged, acquisition, real estate, fund and asset finance as well as in enforcement processes and securitisation operations;
- You will advise on financial law, securities law, contract law and insolvency law;
- You will take part in meetings and/or conference calls with clients with a view to discussing their projects; you will follow-up on client requests and draft opinions and documents under the supervision of the partner in charge;
- After an initial integration period, you will assist in guiding and training junior lawyers within the team and more generally, you will be involved in organising work and facilitating the sharing of knowledge;
- You will be required to manage your files with increasing autonomy.
- You have a strong academic record in financial law (Master’s degree), ideally completed by an LLM degree from the UK or the US;
- You have a proven experience of at least 2 years in a major law firm or in the industry, ideally based in Luxembourg or abroad
- You have a perfect command of English, both spoken and written. Fluency in at least one other language such as French, German and/or Luxembourgish will be considered as an asset;
- You are autonomous, flexible and are capable of sharing knowledge with your team members;
- You are rigorous and persevering;
- You are proactive, dynamic and have excellent communication skills;
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work and continuous learning;
- A challenging role within a renowned organization;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- A tutoring scheme, internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.