JUNIOR TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR UNIX
You want to combine passion and IT expertise?
You are talented, motivated and ambitious? Then, we will be more than happy to meet you!
ARHS Cube is looking for a Junior Technical Administrator Unix (M/F), to join our team at one of the European institutions based in Luxembourg.
- The Junior Technical Administrator Unix is the main operational role for the provision of the Unix operational services.
- He/she is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacenter environment hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- He/she participates in technical reviews and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure and in projects ensuring a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life cycle.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience on Linux (ideally RedHat), within large-scale Data Centre environments
- Comfortable with most aspects of administration of systems
- Understanding of most of the technical aspects and concepts
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Bash, KSH, Perl or Python)
- Basic knowledge on protocols: HTTP, DNS, NTP, SMTP
- Basic knowledge network OSI model
- Day-to-day infrastructure operations
- Incidents resolution and problems identification
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability testing and reporting
- Implements standard changes and service requests
- Documentation management
- On-call service
Nice to have:
- Tools: SVN, GIT, Samba, Satellite, Kickstart
- Working experience with DB schemas eg. Mysql and/or postgres
- Nagios/Icinga2 knowledge or any other similar monitoring tool
- Any cluster-based knowledge
- Vmware knowledge
- ITIL knowledge
- Any automated configuration mgmt tool like puppet, cfengine, ansible
- University degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high-level overview
- Fluent in English (at least B2 Level)
- Can work independently and can manage your time
- Eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality.
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.