Linux System Engineer
Publiée le 07/08/2022
Ready for new challenge? Fed up with bureaucracy, hierarchy, and politics? Hungry for freedom to act, decide and make an impact in a professional environment? It’s the right address. We’re looking for a Linux System Engineer (M/F).
The Servers Operating Systems Engineers will support, maintain and improve the server infrastructure at Operating System level. Engineers will work to drive automation and good practice to improve consistency and enhance the customer experience.
Engineers are expected to have a strong focus on system engineering, and the ability to deliver value. The Service Provider’s engineers shall have expertise in Redhat Linux OS and Unix systems respectively.
- Provide subject matter expertise in operating systems engineering
- Provide advanced technical support and serve as an escalation point for IT incidents and service requests, including with third parties (e.g. manufacturer or vendor) as necessary
- Participate in the development of systems standards, policies and procedures
- Document engineering work, incident resolution and recurring incidents; creating technical analysis, performance, and enhancement reports
- Design and maintain automation solutions
- Lead project teams and acting as a resource for other team members
- Plan, implement and carry out maintenance consisting of upgrades/updates/fixes for core operating systems and their related components, following industry good practices
- Ensure performance and reliability by monitoring systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response times
- Work with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues and optimise performance
- Respect the ITIL standards & processes for Production, Dev, UAT environments
- Open mind, Think out of the box and look to resolve not Incidents but actual problems. Eagerness to resolve Root cause issues and ability to implement workarounds as and when needed