VMWare Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers
Publiée le 18/07/2021
The Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions. The duties will include designing, building, and automating resilient, and secure private cloud solutions, as well as migrations of existing workloads to clouds. In this role he/she willbuild, and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services. Working as a member of highly skilled Architects/Engineers, you will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Container Platform’s roadmap. You will design, build, elaborate and perform several functions from VMware/Pivotal bosh operations and Kubernetes Container Platforms, client onboarding, upgrades, research and experiment with new container-related technologies to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience. Additionally you participate in the design, the development and improvement of the current vRO workflows developed on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration products and design and implement version control using branching strategies as part of a new Continous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy.
The Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers will serve as a lead to support the current Cloud teams to maintain the Private Cloud environments involving Development, debugging and improvement of new or existing CI/CD platforms including vRO workflows and vRA forms. The Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology.
- Lead the cloud automation architecture and set strategic direction to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance.
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Ansible.
- Design and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use.
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud automation and CI/CD to determine technical requirements, feasibility, performance and engineering to establish modern and comprehensive solutions supporting multi-cloud, edge, and cloud application platforms that meet customer use cases.
- Implements/integrates cloud automation solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments.
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end cloud architecture.
- Be comfortable in designing complete multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native architectures, mapping from platform components to the nuts and bolts of operations and infrastructure layers.
- Be a thought leader on VMware SDDC products.
- Understand how to position the latest cloud capabilities as they relate to multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native trends relevant to VMware.
- Be an expert with CI/CD, and how to build infrastructure-as-code systems.
- Work with SREs, Architects with various technical titles to influence them on how they can improve the cloud architecture designs and integrate those into cloud or container automation & management systems.
- Understand the various cloud architecture standards pertaining to security and data sensitivity.
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, time-to-market, and value flow for users.
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security.
- Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.