Head of AI & Data – CDI – Brussels (m/f)
Data & Artificial Intelligence is a growing field of expertise in today’s business environment, from financial services to corporate and public entities.
Although a common belief reigns that Data & AI is considered as having fully penetrated todays’ business environment, in reality research by the prominent consulting firms demonstrates that there is an enormous potential for automation of processes to support decision. It is considered that the world is currently at a crossroads whereby automation will fundamentally change the way organisations operate. The organisations will be reshaped in such a way that in a couple of years the total cost of ownership for business operations is estimated to be 30% lower than today because of the wider use of smart machines and industrialized services. Or even further, automating 35% of jobs over the next 10 to 20 years.
Bright Knight Belgium has built up considerable expertise in the Compliance, Finance Transformation and Cognitive Automation. These proven implementations in the banking and insurance domain are a solid basis for the development for our AI & Data abitilies that will extend this business model towards other industry domains and regions.
The applicant needs to be fit for the following overview of tasks:
- Together with the support of the Reply, develop a business plan covering short and medium term objectives.
- Develop a commercial approach and assessing hereby the validity of the potential use cases in different industry domains. These domains range from financial services to (medium and large) corporates, public entities, and utility companies.
- Starting from this initial approach in Belgium, develop and rollout a commercial and business strategy to extend business to other countries in Europe, taking into account the local specifics of each market.
- Build up an agile and cost efficient organisation, focusing on cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams in order to deliver on the promises that automation can bring.
The applicant will receive management support and oversight from Reply Belgium. In addition, management mentorship and assistance related to commercial development and capital/funding optimization will also be offered on a continuous basis.
We offer a dynamic and challenging working environment with clients and colleagues. There is plenty of room for further development and training. You will have the opportunity to participate in domain-related trainings, organize events together with important institutions and to write publications.
- Development opportunities – we invest in the development and progression of our people to maximise their potential. All of our current partner group have been promoted from within the firm.
- Great place to work – we are a non-hierarchical organisation and promote openness, teamwork and knowledge sharing within the firm and wider Group of companies.
- Competitive remuneration – we offer a competitive base salary and flexible benefits package. In addition, we offer a range of incentives and bonuses to reward performance and to align individuals’ incentives with those of the firm and our clients.
- Academic background (master or equivalent through experience) in computer science, data science, business engineering or similar field
- Entrepreneur mindset. Readiness and willingness to build up a startup organisation based on a proven idea.
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute operational activities
- Ability to build up a well-balanced and motivated team.
- Share learnings with the team & create internal documentation
- Proven commercial flair and able to adapt the commercial message based on the type of client (from banking to insurance to corporate to public entity).
- Communicate efficiently with the different stakeholders, from strategically to operationally, from commercially to human capital-based.
- Strong Expertise in Data And Artificial Intelligence
- Expertise with Data-centric organization, Data Quality, Master Data Management, reporting and visualization tools
- Passionate about Data, Artificial Intelligence and Analytics
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to switch rapidly from strategic thinking to a hands-on ‘get the job done’ approach
- Well-developed cross-cultural skills in order to build lasting relationships with international software vendors and clients.
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch. Other languages are a plus.
About Bright Knight Reply
COGNITIVE AUTOMATION IS OUR CORE BUSINESS.
Today, most large companies struggle to compete with small nimble start-ups, like Coolblue, as they are far better (technologically) adapted to the emerging needs of the market.
They achieve better customer experience and productivity at a lower cost through effective use of the newest technological advancements.
Our services in ‘Cognitive Automation’ enable a simple game-changing technique in which companies don’t have to invest heavily in new IT systems without losing their competitive advantage against start-ups.
Our technological solutions allow easy automation of end-to-end processes in weeks by using the user interfaces as an end-user would. This maximizes the end-users’ productivity by having the software robot act as a virtual assistant performing the repetitive, bulk workload with the end-user free to perform the intellectual & emotional tasks. Furthermore, the virtual assistant doesn’t make any mistakes, providing excellent quality at an inhumanly fast pace.
BrightKnight is a digital service company that provides end-to-end services from Automation Strategy to implementation & maintenance as well as training and coaching.
We combine automation technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with Artificial Intelligence technologies like OCR, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML),… to create ‘Robo-Advisers’, ‘Virtual assistants’, ‘Digital Controllers’,…