Senior Compliance Officer
Publiée le 14/03/2023
DescriptionReporting to the Compliance team, the Senior Compliance Officer will report to and support the Chief Compliance Officer in the development and maintenance of a strong compliance framework within our group's life and non-life insurance entities in Luxembourg.
Within the Finance Department, your main tasks will be to:
- Own and maintain compliance policies with a focus on, but not limited to, the areas of anti-corruption, business conduct and consumer protection ;
- Conduct relevant compliance risk assessments and draft action plans to mitigate identified risks;
- Monitor, investigate and report on regulatory developments (regulatory watch);
- Provide regulatory advice and support the company in the implementation of regulatory changes, participate in or lead regulatory projects;
- Conduct gap analysis and ensure compliance of local processes with Group standards and rules;
- Develop and implement the compliance monitoring plan (including AML), describing the periodic tests to be performed, the testing methodology, the evidence to be kept and the report to be produced;
- Perform second line testing and monitoring (with support from the Junior Compliance Officer);
- Evaluate compliance aspects of the product approval and review process;
- Write and manage the annual compliance training program, update existing and create new training materials on relevant compliance topics;
- Assist the CCO in drafting regular and ad hoc reports to senior management, the Board of Directors and the Group;
- Represent the compliance function internally and work with ALU and AWE operational departments to strengthen the compliance culture;
- Provide support and assistance for AML/KYC related processes (customer and transaction due diligence, handling of alerts generated by the AML tool).
- You have a degree in Law (Bac+4/5) or in a relevant field;
- You have about 10 years of experience in a compliance, audit, risk management or internal control function, preferably in the insurance sector, in Luxembourg;
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Compliance Officer in Luxembourg;
- You have practical experience in compliance monitoring and/or internal control testing;
- You have a good understanding of the legal and regulatory framework applicable to the insurance sector in Luxembourg;
- You have a strong interest in reading laws and regulations and analyzing their impact;
- You have a good understanding of insurance products (life and non-life);
- You have a good understanding of insurance products (life and non-life); You are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken;
- You have strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and write clear and accurate reports;
- You are fluent in standard MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
OfferOur client offers a permanent contract in a rewarding and promising work environment, the experience and opportunities of a local company on a human scale that is part of a successful international group.