Associate Director - Business Development EU (Real Assets/Private Debt) (m/f)
Reports to Business Development Director Europe
The purpose of this role is to take senior responsibility for developing Real Assets and Private Debt new business across the Group, ensuring a good understanding of the business long term growth goals and objectives, along with other Group products, capability and offices in order to continue winning mandates capable of delivering revenue.
As an ambassador for the Aztec Group’s brand, they are expected to support use of the brand correctly and work closely with the Marketing team to deliver improvements to business development tools.
- Establish a systematic programme of targeted meetings with continental European real estate, infrastructure and private debt promoters, gatekeepers and key business introducers to present the Aztec Group service offering across the Group
- Prepare and present presentations to promoters and gatekeepers
- Nurture and proactively follow up new business opportunities based on a sound understanding of the business potential of current and prospective clients and markets
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the market in relation to core business and prospective service offerings
- Maintain strong relationship with the Marketing team to ensure organisational objectives are met and brand values and corporate identity are adhered to
- Grow and develop a relevant and comprehensive contact database through Salesforce
- Have significant input into the budget cycle of the Business Development team
- Follow up new business opportunities and arrange introductory and follow up meetings
- Attend regular prospective client and key business influencer meetings and provide them with our presentation
- Plan and prepare proposals to close new business as part of our multi-functional pitch teams
- Build and contribute to a solid pipeline of new business through an established network
- Leverage off existing relationships to promote the Group widely into markets and intermediaries which may have traditionally been under-served
- Develop a structured touchpoint programme so all relevant KBIs are contacted with an appropriate frequency and by the highest calibre team/s.
- Role will provide cover for the European Head of Business Development’s absences and assume responsibility for the business development plans of the Products
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- Extensive experience working within the financial services industry (minimum of 9 years’ experience with a strong exposure and understanding of the Luxembourg funds industry)
- Extensive knowledge of alternative asset classes (mainly Real Assets and Private Debt) and of closed-ended alternative funds structures
- Sound understanding of how alternative funds and corporate structures operate in Luxembourg
- Sound understanding of Fund administration and depositary services would be of an asset
- Strong people skills and management skills
- Demonstrates experience with people management
- Can do attitude, with a high achievement drive
- Collaborative and team-based approach
- Self-sufficient, with strong activity levels
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to put together proposal documents to a high standard (excellent IT skills)
- Confident and clear communication skills
- Significant relationship, networking and business development experience a prerequisite
- Whilst the role is based in Luxembourg, it does require traveling to meet prospective clients, intermediaries and key business introducers both in their home markets and other Aztec Group offices.
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.
“For all accepted offers of employment with Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) S.A, candidates will be required to complete pre-screening requirements, including providing a criminal record certificate (extrait de casier judiciaire).”