Client Director - Private Equity
Exciting opportunity to help lead the Luxembourg relationship with a well-known multi-strategy global alternative investment manager, and an Aztec Group Strategic Client while providing support to other key clients in Luxembourg.
The successful candidate will lead the delivery of all fund administration and accounting services for this global investment manager in Luxembourg, helping to oversee a highly skilled, and growing team of 15 colleagues. They will work closely with the Group Client Relationship Lead, and other senior stakeholders to maintain and develop a strategic relationship plan that enables us to help meet the ambitious growth plans of this key client over the next 3-5 years while also providing support on other private equity clients.
Strategic relationship management, senior stakeholder management, and change management skills will be a key requirement for the successful candidate to ensure we maintain a high level of service quality while also continually enhancing our proposition and adding value to clients.
- Senior leadership of the Luxembourg relationships with certain Group Strategic Clients, engaging at a c-suite level to understand their priorities, and growth plans.
- Act as manager / director for certain Luxembourg client entities.
- Lead, motivate, nurture and develop engaged employees in accordance with Aztec’s values
- Negotiate and maintain commercial client arrangements which balances their need for value with our need for a profitable recovery and a reasonable cash collection profile.
- Oversee performance against other financial and non-financial objectives for these Group Strategic Clients, including the pro-active management of risk.
- Partner closely with peers and senior stakeholders across the Group, including the Group Client Relationship Leads, to strengthen the cross jurisdictional relationships and ensure close alignment / sharing of best practice.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify, pursue and deliver new products and services that add value to clients
- Work with marketing and business development to identify and successfully win new opportunities to work with Group Strategic Clients across Luxembourg and the wider Group, developing and implementing thought leadership that supports this goal.
- Active contribution to other local and Group wide strategic initiatives and objectives
- Horizon scanning for new trends that may provide threats or opportunities
- Board member of Luxembourg entities to support client relationships
- Employee engagement
- Client satisfaction
- Group Strategic Client Revenue / Pipeline / Headcount / Gross margin
- Cash collection / Debtor days
- Productivity / Operational efficiency
- Pro-active risk management
The primary location for the role is the Aztec Luxembourg office. However, there are opportunities to work in other jurisdictions when visiting the client and flexibly from home.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- You’ll look on the bright side, always finding the opportunity. You’ll think big, but you’re also a doer driven to find the right solution. You know that the right solutions aren’t always the easy ones either, or you’re constantly curious, looking to find the best way.
- You’ll have considerable financial services knowledge and be well-versed in alternative funds industry.
- Specifically, we’re looking for a director, specialising in leadership of relationships with large alternative investment managers / financial services businesses, with experience in fund of funds / private equity or other similar areas of the alternative investment industry.
- Excellent strategic relationship builder. You build lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and intermediaries alike, and have proven ability to lead teams, plan strategically and implement cross jurisdictionally.
- You have the skills and desire to deliver exceptional client service.
- You use strong organisational abilities to meet deadlines, organise, prioritise and allocate resources effortlessly.
- Your excellent attention to detail ensures your leaders naturally follow suit, adhering to policies, procedures and complex regulatory requirements without fail.
- Commercially driven - to identify new opportunities for growth, and, partner with colleagues and clients to bring these to life.
- You have experience in the supporting the design and implementation of technology-based solutions that drive exceptional client service, excellent user experience and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities.
- People leadership and management: motivate, grow, select and augment the team to ensure the right mix of capabilities is available.
- BA/BSc in Business-related subject, MBA or equivalent desirable qualifications.
Intelligently enabling brighter futures.
To be recognised as the leading global specialist in outsourced funds and corporate services.
To provide an invaluable client experience from the brightest talent, that brings innovation to the markets we serve and turns ambitions into reality.
Our strategy is to deliver a market- leading, outsourced solution to our clients, shaped by the elixir of the Aztec Group and driven by our shared values. These shared values guide how we behave and work – together, and with our clients, stakeholders and the wider communities in which we live.
Bright: We’re empowered to create smart solutions for our clients’ needs. We nurture an environment where innovation and an alternative way of thinking is second nature; it’s in our DNA.
Caring: We’re a people business. A greater understanding of ourselves, our colleagues and our clients enables us to continuously develop and achieve our full potential.
Passionate: We’re an enthusiastic bunch, taking great pride in our work, our teams’ achievements and our clients’ successes. It motivates us to achieve positive solutions, every day.
Responsible: Our clients and colleagues place great trust in us. We act with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for our commitments and one another.
Unified: We’re one business with a single purpose and vision. We proactively communicate and collaborate across boundaries to deliver excellence.
Specific Personal Qualities
- Builds open and trusting relationships
- Acts in the organisation’s best interests
- A focus on detail while being able to look at the big picture
- Organised and disciplined but able to cope with ambiguity
- Tendency to approach problems in a positive and constructive manner
- Works effectively using mutual influence across functions
- Capacity to spot issues and distil the important from the unimportant
- Highly pragmatic and action orientated
- Excellent ability to inspire and influence others
- Clear and grounded set of values that align to Aztec’s Values
- Values the flexible and work life balance agenda
Exhibits the following strategic leadership characteristics:
Strategic Leadership: “The ability to simplify complexity and develop a clear operations strategy”
- Helps to drive the Big Picture forward to the ground level – interpret the reality of how the vision is likely to be enacted.
- Can establish an operational strategy which is aligned to the Big Picture.
- Displays a strong empathy with the clients - voices their needs, reactions and concerns to the organisation.
- Is vigilant in terms of understanding external trends, regulatory and economic factors along with technological changes which are likely to impact on – imports this understanding to counteract complacency.
- Garners support and challenges when appropriate in order to secure results.
People Leadership: “Builds a shared vision around the Big Picture which fosters commitment and investment of people”
- Can inspire individuals intellectually and emotionally – impact of style is to create followership. Has the persona to connect with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Takes the time and energy to engage with people at the ground level, in a personally relevant way.
- Can attract, recruit and develop and maintain high calibre people.
- Creates empowered teams, with strong ethos and drive, at all levels of Aztec.
- Constantly provides purpose and meaning to individuals by linking their contributions to the Big Picture.
- Encourages people to take responsibility for generating results and taking corrective action – particularly in respect of client issues.
Making Change Happen: “Makes the agenda clear and tangible. Distils the vision for change into a few performance priorities which are clearly stated and actionable”
- Creates a sense of urgency by appealing to competitive instincts and continuously focusing on the marketplace and potential threats on the horizon.
- Involves people in the process of contributing or shaping change plans – creates a coherent working change vision which enables people to see clearly in their own minds where the change will take them.
- Ensures clients are the focal point of attention.
- Develops and maintains contact with regulators, clients and knowledge of competitors to help identify future needs in relation to the drive for opportunities.
- Makes the agenda clear and tangible.
- Focus on securing early wins to generate momentum over time.
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.
“For all accepted offers of employment with Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) S.A, candidates will be required to complete pre-screening requirements, including providing a criminal record certificate (extrait de casier judiciaire).”