Head of Private Debt - Luxembourg
Job ID: 4432626003 | Location: Luxembourg
Reports to the Group Head of Private Debt
Private debt is a rapidly growing, and exciting part of the alternative funds market. Our successful Private Debt business will be a key driver of growth for Aztec over the next 5 years, as we expand our operations to support clients globally.
Luxembourg is the main private debt funds jurisdiction in Europe and is key to those growth plans. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of all fund administration, accounting and loan services to our private debt clients with funds in Luxembourg, overseeing a highly skilled team of 50 colleagues.
They will also be a member of the Group’s Private Debt leadership team, working with the Group Head of Private Debt in developing and delivering the Group’s business plan and growth strategy. The successful candidate should have a clear vision of the proposition required to deliver value to private debt managers in Europe, and, demonstrate the skills to deliver on that vision over the next few years.
In addition, they will be a member of the Luxembourg Management Board, with responsibility alongside other Directors for leading our Luxembourg office, creating an engaging and inclusive working environment for colleagues, and outstanding client service while driving delivery of our ambitious growth plans.
- Support the design, and implementation of, the Private Debt business plans and growth strategy
- You will lead a strong and growing Luxembourg team who go above and beyond to deliver the service we’re renowned for
- Lead, motivate, nurture and develop engaged employees in accordance with Aztec’s values
- Senior leadership of a portfolio of high-quality clients, ensuring a high level of client satisfaction
- Be accountable and responsible for all elements of the P&L for Luxembourg Private Debt
- Oversee performance against other financial and non-financial objectives
- Partner closely with peers across the Group to strengthen cross jurisdictional relationships with colleagues and mutual clients
- Act as manager / director of Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) SA and client companies
- Work with other senior directors to develop and implement a management plan for the
- Luxembourg office that delivers a great colleague and client experience, as well as our ambitious growth plans
- Lead the design and implementation of technology-based solutions that drive exceptional client service, excellent user experience and deliver operational efficiencies
- Work in conjunction with the business development team, to design and deliver a business development strategy that fits in with the strategic aims of the Group and grows the business in Luxembourg through locally developed leads as well as cross selling to existing Group clients
- Support the business development programme by proactively developing client and intermediary relationships, contributing to client development opportunities and leading new client proposals
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify, pursue and deliver new products and services
- Active contribution to other local and Group wide strategic initiatives and objectives
- Horizon scanning for new trends that may provide threats or opportunities
- Lead and/or participate in new client proposals and pitches as necessary and manage the onboarding of new clients
- Leadership of the Luxembourg Private Debt team
- Board member of Group Private Debt Board
- Board member of Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) SA (a CSSF regulated entity)
- Employee engagement
- Client satisfaction
- Product Revenue / Pipeline / Headcount / Gross margin
- Cash collection / Debtor days
- Productivity / Operational efficiency
- Pro-active risk management
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- You’ll look on the bright side, always finding the opportunity. You’ll think big, but you’re also a doer driven to find the right solution. You know that the right solutions aren’t always the easy ones either, or you’re constantly curious, looking to find the best way.
- You’ll have considerable financial services knowledge and be well-versed in alternative funds industry.
- Specifically, we’re looking for a senior director, specialising in private debt, institutional banking or other similar areas of the alternative investment / financial services industry.
- Excellent relationship builder. You build lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and intermediaries alike, and have proven ability to lead multi-jurisdictional teams, plan strategically and implement globally.
- You have the skills and desire to deliver exceptional client service on a big scale.
- You use strong organisational abilities to meet deadlines, organise, prioritise and allocate resources effortlessly.
- Your excellent attention to detail ensures your leaders naturally follow suit, adhering to policies, procedures and complex regulatory requirements without fail
- Commercially driven - to identify new opportunities for growth, and, partner with colleagues and clients to bring these to life.
- You have experience in the leading the design and implementation of technology-based solutions that drive exceptional client service, excellent user experience and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities.
- People leadership and management: motivate, grow, select and augment the team to ensure the right mix of capabilities is available.
- BA/BSc in Business-related subject, MBA or equivalent desirable qualifications.
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.