Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB:
- Coordinate the preparation, analytical review and sign-off of financial and management reports for the management.
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls over financial reporting and formulate financial recommendations.
- Manage and organize all controlling information within the organization and coordinate the accessibility, control and coherence of the management information system
- Provide to business line management the timely and accurate information to be understand and drive their financial performance
- Ensure the production, the monitoring and the preparation of annual budget reports, forecasts.
DELIVRABLES AND KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Pilot on yearly basis the budget process of the Bank.
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular business reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
Must Have Requirements
Domain of expertise: Finance
Education (orientation): Finance, Business Administration, Economy, Accounting, Statistics or or equivalent
Education (required level): Master degree or equivalent by experience
Languages: French & English are required
Banking techniques: Excellent business knowledge of Retail, Corporate and Private Banking and a good knowledge of their products and services..
IT tools: MS Office tools skills : Access , Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build sustainable relationships. Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management