Senior Data Scientist (M/F)
Publiée le 12/11/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
- Luxembourg, Luxembourg (Canton)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg's finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Your next challenge:
- Develop "Data Science" at BIL: relatively new data expertise, often associated to Big Data, applying mathematical and statistical methods for marketing and commercial purposes (client profiling, behavioral analysis, propensity scorings, churn early detection…) and to increase internal efficiency (automated decisions).
- Continuously follow up on new methods, technologies, market trends in Ai and Data Science (Machine Learning, Big Data, Deep Learning & Neural Networks, NLP…). Contribute to the "Lab" (or "R&D") mindset of the team.
- Change Management - Explain and demystify Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning within the bank, to increase leveraging of these new capabitilies to support our business. Accelerate the usage of these kinds of approaches in the bank.
- Apply statistical and quantitative approaches in a growing scope of applications, such as: commercial performance & marketing analysis, Decision-making automation, Fraud detection, AML KYC compliance, Internal processes acceleration, set-up of credit models.
- Increasing income by feeding marketing campaigns and CRM (measurable).
- Increase our compliance, and better manage the cost of regulation (eg. New AML profiling which allowed to reduce of 95% the number of high risk profiles, and to avoid the mandatory recurring reviews of these clients).
- Providing a better understanding of our clients sot that for strategic projects and strategic decisions (such as branch transformation, marketing initiatives, client segmentation) BIL can provide the best possible value proposition. Providing relevant analyses to reduce costs, increase commercial efficiency (e.g. BEF) and Client experience (e.g. Card limits).
- Increase our internal efficiency and increase client experience by automating manual decisional processes (BEF automation, clients' messages automated sorting, RBE treatment,…). Measurable, in terms of efficiency.
- Manage the set-up, the implementation and maintenance of internal database required in the context of credit risk model development/maintenance: Define and manage business requirements of data flow regarding data used in credit risk quantification ; Implement data quality processes and reports in order to monitor data consistency and quality ; Manage data correction and data improvement requests.
- Very strong statistical & mathematical background
- Mathematics, Computer Sciences combined with a previous experience as analyst in banking sector
- Mandatory languages: French and English and necessary language(s) for exercising the function
- General knowledge of banking industry (process and/or products), previous experience as business support preferred
- IT tools: Business Intelligence tools & concepts; Statistical modelling and predictive analytics with a previous experience in scientific programming (Python is preferred), and with the usage of a Data Science platform (e.g. Dataiku)
- Both experience in people management and in transversal project management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to understand to and to invest himself on very large spread of topics, from high level strategic business and commercial topics to very technical ones (mathematical or IT)
- Strong appetence for figures, statistics, algorithmic and quantitative activities; autonomous, structured and enthusiastic
- Ability to innovate and to "build from scratch"
- Strong communication and presentation skills, to share findings and to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Willing to learn (technologies, methods) and to develop new competencies
- Enjoying sharing his/her knowledge and supporting colleagues in developing their competencies
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths .We will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the Bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.