BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer for our eHW Innovation team at our Technical Center in Bascharage, Luxembourg.
In this role, the Electrical Engineer will participate in hardware related projects ranging from advanced concepts to prototype delivery for components targeted for electrified vehicles. This activity will include design, development, and tests including problem solving or design-enhancement hardware activities. The activity will especially focus on magnetic components design, selection, simulation and test. He will be part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined product development team working on projects involving multiple locations.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Concept, Design and Develop magnetic components used in On-Board Chargers, DC-DC Converters and Inverters.
- Simulation and analysis using CAD and CAE tools
- Work in close collaboration with other electrical engineers in the team to propose optimized designs
- Hardware testing, verification and validation.
- Ownership of magnetic components from specification to final product integration and manufacturing
- Interface with suppliers and provide guidance to deliver optimal magnetic components
- Support mechanical packaging, electrical and system design with effectively articulating electrical implications .
- Active participation and interaction with other BorgWarner’s sites across different regions
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications)
- Master’s Degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum three years in Magnetics design in Power Electronics industry for high frequency converters (Power supplies, UPS’s, Industrial drives etc.) . Experience in magnetic components for EV’s and HEV’s a plus.
- Good knowledge and understanding of electro-magnetic theory, magnetic materials and winding techniques applied to high frequency power electronics converters
- Experience with core selection, winding design, loss modelling and characterization of inductors and transformers
- Strong hardware design and analytical skills with passion for creating Power Converters with innovative magnetics, analog and digital controls, microprocessors and Si, SiC and GaN-based power switching devices
- Understanding of electromechanics and thermal design of power conversion systems
- Effective presentation and documentation skills with ability to engage constructively with the customer.
- Familiarity with general lab equipment, Scopes, Meters, Debuggers
- Familiarity with automotive industry performance norms and Safety standards such as relevant UL / IEC / ISO regulations
- PC Literate: MS Office, CAD programs, Simulation tools (Ansys Maxwell or similar)
- Active engagement in a multi-disciplinary , diverse design team spread across the US, Asia and Europe
- Fluency in English is required
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Innovation Management
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Personal Learning
- Learning on the Fly