Junior System Architect m/f/d
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for a talented, dynamic and results driven individual to join our systems engineering team at Bascharage, Luxembourg technical center as a Junior System Architect.
The system architect is the first contact for project management, customer, and engineering disciplines within the BorgWarner team. They are supporting the trouble shooting on internal and external test facilities and drives the product change process within the Systems Engineering team.
The candidate will evolve in a highly demanding and fast paced environment, all while developing new skills that they will apply to the development of inverter concepts according to stakeholder requirements and define the implementation of functions by hardware and software blocks.
Ultimately, they will be technically leading the System Engineers to develop the inverter functions and become responsible for the alignment of the system concepts.
Job Location: Bascharage, Luxembourg
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a diversified team, where strong cross-team and cross-domain communication skills are key.
- Interface with an European customer to evaluate and specify concepts for power electronic inverters.
- Analyze and clarify Stakeholder Requirements with partners and other relevant inter-departments.
- Participate in Hardware and Software configuration, troubleshooting and change management with the customer and internally.
- Acquire knowledge about current technology standards and how to formulate innovative and robust solutions in a competitive environment.
- Learn how to develop a top-level system architecture according to stakeholder requirements (customer specific, internal, regulatory, FuSA...).
- Generate System Architecture Documentation.
- Support internal and external integration, verification, and validation programs.
- Gain experience and become a lead in technical and architectural decisions about the translation of complex specifications into designs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree in Mechatronics/Electrical/Electronics/ or similar.
- Good foundation knowledge of both hardware and software in embedded systems.
- Understanding of vehicle Inverter and e-Machine systems requirements (electrical machine control) and concepts.
- First experience in Automotive Mechatronic Systems Engineering or e-Mobility is a benefit.
- Knowledge of SysML / UML tools Acquaintance in automotive standards is a plus
- Fluency in English is required, German a benefit