Product Change and Configuration Manager (E- Products)
The Configuration Manager and Change Manager role is responsible for all aspects of Systems Configuration Management and Engineering Change Management.
This position works closely with Systems Development Lead and Systems Project Lead roles to form the core of System Lead group.
The Configuration Manager role coordinates and approves Product baselines to ensure project completeness and manages traceability of the product configuration to changes resulting from the solution of defects.
The Change Manager role coordinates engineering efforts to work on processing changes to the product along its lifecycle. This role requires working together with Program Leads, Engineering, and interfaces frequently with the customer.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, maintain, and ensure adherence to configuration management plans
- Execution of the configuration management processes according to the BorgWarner process framework
- Identify configuration items, create product structure, and define system release configurations
- Interface with customer, internal functions to establish configuration item reviews and configuration baselines
- Assist the project leads in preparing initial project infrastructure
- Maintain configuration management infrastructure and documentation
- Track, evaluate and report configuration management status
- Execute the product configuration management to ensure control of the configuration items from requirement analysis thru product delivery
- Implement internal and external change management activities according to BorgWarner process framework
- Responsible for all the project's change management activities
- Decide on change request and track them towards resolution
- Communicate change request status and close out the requests
- Participate in internal and external international project teams
- Support production during integration phase
- Review process effectiveness and efficiency
- Perform process audits and drive continual process improvement
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with focus on electric drive systems; power electronics and/or motors. Master’s degree in related technical field preferred.
- 3+ years engineering experience in Systems engineering, or Master’s Level Sys Engineering certification or coursework
- 3+ Years of experience in development of propulsion system, power electronics, motors or engines, hardware and controls development, system integration, and execution
- Experience in managing engineering products
- Experience in EIA-649C, A-SPICE and relevant processes to ensure adherence to industry requirements
- Understanding of hybrid and electric vehicle systems, their operating modes and system tradeoffs
- Understanding of power electronics, electric motors and controls
- Knowledge of Polarion, JIRA or similar tools
- Understanding of how engineering interrelates with other functions in the organization
- Understanding of Engineering Management skills, effort estimation, and work tracking
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Good at coaching people and fostering a team approach
- Global Experience working with multiple regions and multiple cultures