Software development Engineer bootloader
In this role, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and deploying embedded software solutions for BorgWarner Electric Vehicle (xEV) products, more precisely in the domain of the ECU startup and re-flashing strategies, including FOTA.
Utilizing their technical expertise, they will ensure software product deadlines and deliverables are achieved. They will specify, design, develop, test, release, maintain, and enhance embedded software components of BorgWarner’s products. They will develop the software products utilizing a combination of AUTOSAR solutions, in house architecture, and embedded c programming. The software development will follow the BorgWarner software development process which complies to Automotive SPICE. The successful candidate will join a respectful, collaborative, and talented team, and will work in a professional high-tech environment with an opportunity to change and shape the future of mobility and transportation. They will work along with other BorgWarner engineers to ensure that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the development process are satisfactorily resolved.
- Analyse and estimate SW Development Activities and Tasks.
- Support technical discussion with the other SW modules owner in order to define and develop the boot and flashing solutions adapted to the product and satisfying both the internal and the customer requirements.
- Develop, test and maintain the start-up and reprogramming strategies according to the requirements and standards (like UDS, ODX…) on product having one or several programable area (multi microcontroller, external flash memory…)
- Ensure performance, efficiency, robustness and compliancy (security) of the solutions.
- Identify and Define SW components/units, and document SW Detailed Design.
- Develop Software according to the Detailed Design, using various programming languages, methods, and techniques as appropriate.
- Plan, Develop, and Execute Unit and Integration tests according to the project test plan/strategy for the assigned SW Units.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Design, development, documentation, and verification of Automotive low level driver and firmware mainly in C, work on microprocessor with multiple interfaces like SPI, CAN, and so on.
- Debug and identify root cause issues in the related area of work.
- Support, Maintain, and Update planning and tracking activities, including the assigned work items, change requests, and defects
- Store/ manage all work products according to the Configuration Management plan
- Establish bi-directional traceability between SW work products.
- Perform consistency checks, and peer reviews of SW work products.
- Analyse and enhance the efficiency, stability and scalability of the software
- Support open communication within the team.
- Adhere to company’s processes and procedures to meet SW Quality Assurance requirements. Look for and propose process improvements.
- Work with other BorgWarner engineers and departments to ensure that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the development process are resolved.
- Interface and Coordinates with Systems engineering to ensure SW/HW requirements are documented appropriately and analyzed prior to software design and implementation
- Assist in debugging through established problem solving techniques and debug on bench
- Participates ins ECU design reviews with internal cross-functional engineering group, suppliers, and customers
- Document and share best-practices.
What we’re looking for
- B.S. in Power Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Automotive Engineering or similar field. M.S is preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in embedded SW development
- Deep knowledge of automotive systems and software development processes using the V-Model for both design and verification/validation activities
- Experience with automotive development tools (compilers - Tasking, debuggers - Lauterbach, unit testing and code review testing – RTRT, QAC, requirements traceability - Polarion, task management - JIRA)
- Experience with C programming language for embedded systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR or equivalent embedded operating systems is required.
- Experience in AUTOSAR configuration and authoring tools (i.e. Vector DaVinci Configurator and Developer) is required.
- Experience working on vehicle network protocols (i.e. CAN) and associated tools is required.
- Experience in reading the ECU schematics and Hardware-Software Interfaces is required.
- Microcontroller and ECU abstraction experience, including development of micro and external device low level drivers is preferred.
- Experience of working within an ASPICE based process environment (or similar) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is must.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills is required.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively