Software Development Lead m/f/d
Reliably delivering what’s needed today
There are few challenges as important today as creating solutions that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world. This requires a commitment to constantly improve the transportation of people and things. We, at BorgWarner, made that commitment decades ago and have since been creating technologies to improve efficiency, emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
Constantly pursuing what’s next
Our proven track record has made us industry leader in clean, energy-efficient propulsion system solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. We uncover strong trends and use smart science and technology to address a future based on varying regulations, consumer demands and automaker requirements.
Product leadership that’s changing the world
Our employees have earned trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers around the world. We leverage these relationships to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges at hand and then do what it takes to develop the next solution. Our strong operations and commercialization expertise result in high volume availability of competitive, efficient products that truly drive change.
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as a Software Development Lead at our Luxembourg Technical Center (LTC) in Luxembourg.
In this role, and under the direct supervision of the Global Head Software Leads & NBOs (New Business Opportunities), and reporting to the regional SW Manager, the Software Development Lead for New Business Opportunities will be leading the business growth in the software area for the Europe region.
- Review technical specifications from customers and asses effort estimates to develop new products
- Coordinate with regional and global teams to put together technical product development plan
- Use BorgWarner tools to track and analyze requirements
- Interact with and provide presentations to customer showcasing BorgWarner capabilities
- Develop Feature and Function plan
- Monitor and measure performance at a project level (metrics) for product anlaysis
- Track and plan inputs/output deliverables from/to other competencies during quoting phase
- Customer and Project Management contact for planning topics
- Support audits – internal and external
- Conduct project level risk management
- Support Change Management tasks
- Negotiate timing and content of deliveries with customer, subcontractors, and project team
- Coordinate systems inputs needed for delivery
- Support software process adherence and compliance with Quality Assurance standards
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, Computer engineering (or foreign equivalent)
- Software development experience of at least 5 years
- Experience quoting new business opportunities
- Software Project Management experience of at least 3 years. Automotive and embedded experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Software project management methods and tools
- Experience with globally distributed teams
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Knowledge of SW Quality processes (e.g. ASPiCE, CMMI)
- Problem solving and Negotiating skills
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.