Depositary bank Supervision Officer #172781
Your field of responsibility
An interesting senior position in a striving, highly motivated, multicultural and fast paced environment. A mature Depositary Bank business – located in both Luxembourg and Ireland.
The focus of your activities is to take responsibility to improve existing ex-post oversight control and due diligence framework around UCITS but also Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure, Loans, Microfinance and other type of alternatives funds.
In charge of the constant enhancement of the Fund Risk Assessment, you will develop initial and ongoing due diligence and ex-post controls to best cover risks linked to these funds and ultimately mitigate the exposure of the Depositary Bank to these risks.
In this role, you will perform on-sites visit at Bank’s and Fund’s delegates (e.g. management companies, microfinance investment managers) premises.
You will ensure the interface between senior Fund’s representative (i.e. conducting officers of management companies or other member of the board of directors), the front office/relationship management teams and operational functions to ensure adequate and efficient performance of supervisory duties.
The role also includes support on projects and initiatives that either directly or indirectly affect the supervision duties; these include participating in regulatory and IT projects, working with cross-functional task forces and projects across the Depositary Bank and within the broader organization.
Your future colleagues
The department and team promotes equality and rejects bias by creating a culture where everyone belongs. Partnership and driving engagement are key values as are taking accountability and acting with integrity at all times. The team has a strong client focus by being innovative, principled whilst taking appropriate risks.
Your skills and experience
- The successful candidate will convince us with:
- Vocational certificates or similar in Banking and securities services considered a plus
- 7 to10 years working experience in an international corporate environment with front-to-back exposure
- Broad financial services industry knowledge (including regulation) with experience in the traditional and alternative investment fund custody business with a demonstrable appetite to keep on top of the latest developments
- You are willing to support the business with proven expertise in risks identification and mitigation
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills including the ability to manage senior partners effectively
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills including the ability to convey complex issues in an effective manner to executive-level managers
- Pro-active and solution oriented, hardworking and able to prioritize effectively ; capable to contribute to the culture of the team
- Excellent oral and written command of English. German and French would be a considered as an asset
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.