Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
You will be supporting our Asset Management and Asset Servicing business in Luxembourg as part of our General Counsel function. Your activities will focus on providing legal advice and assistance to internal partners locally in Luxembourg and to Credit Suisse worldwide, predominantly with regard to Luxembourg law aspects. You will be part of a local legal team and work with colleagues in other international Credit Suisse locations.
- An interesting, exciting position in a striving, highly motivated, multicultural and fast paced environment
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Advising on legal and regulatory aspects of products, transactions, discretionary asset management relations and business projects relating to our Luxembourg fund structuring, investor services and asset management franchise, including branch offices abroad and taking responsibility for the legal risk management in this regard
- Providing internal legal opinions and advice on all Luxembourg investment fund-related legal matters such as new product launches, lifecycle management and fund transactional work across all asset classes, cross-border marketing into the EU and worldwide of those vehicles as well as discretionary asset management agreements and legal support of local management of the Luxembourg entities
- Participating in regional as well as global legal and regulatory initiatives
- Collaboration opportunities with multiple internal partners, including compliance, tax, bank regulatory, accounting and operations teams across international Credit Suisse locations
- Advising on legal and regulatory developments
- Coordination and interaction with internal partners, audit firms and local and international law firms
- Qualification as a lawyer
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the Luxembourg fund industry, at a Luxembourg law firm or as in-house counsel
- Experience in the day-to-day operations of Luxembourg-based investment funds, knowledge of MiFID, as well as other fund domiciles would be an advantage
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Control and challenge mind-set
- High level of attention to detail, excellent analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills for developing relationships with internal partners and managing complex projects
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges; ability to work independently and efficiently under time constraints
- Highly motivated and result-oriented personality with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive mind-set and can-do attitude who shows flexibility
- Fluency in English is a must, excellent knowledge of German and/or French will be an advantage
Are you a highly motivated person and do you enjoy learning on the job? Please apply!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.