Your field of responsibility
You will take on a challenging role in an international and fast-paced environment within the Asset and Transaction Services department in the COO area of Credit Suisse in Luxembourg. You will be part of the team in charge of monitoring and controlling securities transfers and other core operations processes. You will strive for the transactions to be settled on time and with the highest quality standards. You will be in contact with our service providers to ensure they deliver operational excellence. You will be actively supporting our clients by working in close relationship with our Front units on all asset safekeeping and transaction flow processing. You will be expected to proactively seek for ways to improve the existing processes and to drive analysis and lessons learnt on difficult cases. You will partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. You have the opportunity to develop and establish a personal and professional network in an ever-changing operational processing environment.
Your future colleagues
You will be part of a team of highly motivated specialists in a global, dynamic and diverse environment. Acting as a key business enabler, the department’s dual target is operational excellence and outstanding service to the clients. The department’s teams operate together in a collaborative manner for the achievement of the Bank’s goals.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
You demonstrate a strong expertise in the fields of operational processing, mainly in securities-related processes, together with genuine analytical capabilities.
- You have 5-8 years of work experience in banking or a relevant sector and/or a University degree in Banking & Finance
- A significant work experience in Operations necessary
- Good knowledge of the Private Banking & Wealth Management area is an asset
- Your strong interpersonal competences and enthusiasm allow you to connect with external and internal partners to improve quality of service
- You are team oriented and you demonstrate a high level of flexibility and self-initiative
- Well-known for being diligent and organized, you strive for high quality
- You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude who shows flexibility and drives changes with focus on improvement
- You are business fluent in English; additional language skills are an asset
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.