Your field of responsibility
A challenging and diverse role as Credit Officer in the Credit Risk Management (CRM) team of Credit Suisse Luxembourg. The successful candidate will cover within the CRM team standard and non-standard Lombard credit transactions. In this role, you will have the potential to grow and lead the Lombard Lending team.
You will perform credit analysis, make decisions on own authority or prepare requests for credit approval by higher authority on standard and structured Lombard transactions booked on the Lux platform – fully in line with applicable credit policies and risk appetite of the bank. Depending on the credit type your analysis will include detailed assessment of the counterparty and its financial situation, financing/borrowing structure, collateral and legal documentation. You will also handle the setup of the transaction structure and limits in the credit system and ensure life time monitoring including performance reviews and waiver requests.
In your day to day work you will liaise with relevant stakeholders within Credit Suisse Group such as relationship managers, structuring team, finance / treasury, local management, legal, functional management and other credit risk management teams within Credit Suisse Group. You may also act as subject matter authority within projects such as new business initiatives or regulatory driven changes and supervise junior credit analysts.
Your future colleagues
The CRM department handles the credit risk for a fast growing and complex loan book composed of Private Banking (Lombard and Mortgage Lending), Corporates and Financial Institutions (investment funds) counterparties.
We are a diverse and international team of experienced professionals with a collaborative spirit, ensuring magnificent review, approval and execution of credit transactions, timely reporting and supporting the Wealth Management growth strategy.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will convince us with:
- Broad credit experience, with sound skills in Lombard business, detailed knowledge about life insurance policies serving as collateral would be considered a plus – minimum of 7 years of experience in credit;
- University degree (or business school), preferably in Finance or Economics;
- Very good understanding of financial products (all asset classes including derivatives) and financial analysis, ability to assess sophisticated financing structures and contractual set-ups;
- Expert user of MS Office tools, open to new system environments;
- High risk awareness and solution oriented attitude with attention to detail;
- Strong communication/negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to deal with a large variety of stakeholders; Previous experience in management of a team would be considered a plus.
- Hands-on mentality and ability to work independently and systematically, take ownership and be persistent;
- Proficiency in English and preferably in French / German or another Western European language (Italian/Portuguese);
- Positive attitude, strong commitment to produce deliverables of high and consistent quality, often within tight deadlines;
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Then please apply now!