AVP FUND ACCOUNTING - ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT FUNDS (M/F)
As Fund Accounting, Assistant Vice President you will
- Manage day-to-day communications with contacts of several clients, including investment professionals, client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditor
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Coordinate discussion and documentation of portfolio investment valuations with clients, as necessary
- Full review of accounting and tax work paper packages, financial statements and other reports and communications for one or more clients
- Coordinate and manage annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms, including negotiation or review of fees, as necessary
- Thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution
- Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management
- Coordinate and liaise with other operating groups (investor communications, financial reporting, tax, etc) to ensure effective communication among op
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure client deadlines are met, perform regulatory filings RCS, BCL, CSSF ect.
- Assist with execution and implementation of FASB and other technical accounting pronouncements, as necessary
- Represent the company at periodic client meetings, present and discuss business results and initiatives
- Participate in industry sponsored trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized pre- appraisals
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Experience in the private equity or real assets industry and financial reporting experience or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the Luxembourg regulatory environment is desirable.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong working experience in Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP.
- College degree in accounting. Professional accounting qualification preferably ACA, ACCA
- Substantial previous fund accounting experience, including managerial experience.
- Previous auditing experience and / or coming directly from business.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English - any other major European languages are an advantage.
Our client is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested