FINANCE MANAGER REAL ESTATE (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting a Finance Manager Real Estate on behalf of one of our clients, a prestigious US real estate investment firm. As a Vice President, your role will cover a large range of responsibilities and you will report directly to the CFO .
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Assist external administrators / in house accountants with preparation of accounting entries, such as acquisitions, disposals and distributions;
- Quarterly review of accounting records;
- Manage the process of preparation of consolidated financial statements by an external service provider for the various top holding companies;
- Review of reporting packages;
- Consolidation of reporting packages per investment;
- Review / preparation of Luxembourg GAAP financial statements;
- Intercompany reconciliations and regular intercompany settlements where applicable;
- Working in a team to co-ordinate the (interim) audit process, liaising with local, group and global auditors to ensure that information is provided on a timely basis and that deadlines are met.
Investor & Bank Reporting
- Preparation of quarterly cash flow reporting and summary per investment;
- External debt financial covenants reporting and coordination and preparation of information packages for lending banks;
- Monitoring of cash management requirements.
Asset Management & Sales Support
- Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required;
- Preparation and monitoring of operating budgets for investments;
- Liquidity and cash management for investments;
- Support acquisitions team with financial information as required;
- Support asset management team with financial information in connection with disposals as required;
- Liaise with external advisors, such as tax advisors, auditors and legal advisors on structuring issues related to disposals.
Tax Structuring and Compliance
- Work with tax advisors to ensure that tax structuring for investments is complied with and that tax opinion are updated where relevant;
- Ensure that all tax filings are kept up to date for the SPVs;
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance through liaison with legal advisors.
General Counsel & Risk
- Work with General Counsel and Risk Department on internal risk management, specifically as it pertains to the Finance Team and the various work-streams related thereto;
- Review, improve and/or keep up-to-date with applicable best practices internal risk management processes, including periodic comprehensive review of risk-mitigation processes/safeguards within the Finance Team.
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives for all financial reporting processes;
- Liaison with 3rd party administrators and finance teams across Europe;
- Ad hoc project work.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Master's degree in accounting/finance;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an asset management company or in audit;
- Fluency in English is mandatory - fluency is German is a strong advantage;
- A professional certification such as the ACCA is considered as a strong asset;
- Strong experience in IFRS/Lux GAAP;
- Experience in Real Estate is mandatory
Our client is a leading US real estate investment firm.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.