PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT (M/F) FRENCH SPEAKING
DO Recruitment Advisors is delighted to represent one of its clients, an international leading Real Estate entity company in Europe, in their search for a Property Accountant (M/F) French speaking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day accounting operations and compliance of a large portfolio of real estate entities and investments (property and holding companies) in Europe.
This specific position operates in the team dedicated to the accounting management of the French assets and entities.
Given the high volume and dynamism in the portfolio, the role requires the successful candidate to be proactive, highly organized and stress resistant.
As part of the role, not only the Property Accountant will have to interact with the accounting team mates but also with other departments (legal and compliance, accounts payable, treasury, reporting, ...) thus requiring good coordination skills.
THE JOB :
The main responsibilities will be :
- Ensure accuracy of all property manager bookings including reconciliation of rental income to rent rolls, review of all service charge costs and income and accurate allocation of non-recoverable property costs.
- Take care of day to day accounting for PropCos and HoldCos including, bank reconciliations, invoice review, monthly accruals, depreciation, etc.
- Take care of all supporting schedules: loan and interest calculations, depreciation and amortization schedules, etc.
- Assist in preparation of periodic VAT returns.
- Ensure accurate recording of all local, IFRS and Group GAAP adjustments.
- Respect periodic closing process timelines.
- Assist with consolidations and sub-consolidations.
- Prepare Luxembourg GAAP stand-alone and consolidated financial statements.
- Provide intercompany reconciliations and regular intercompany settlements where applicable.
- Contribute to the (interim) audit process, ensuring completion on a timely basis.
2. Cash Management
- Liaise with Treasury team to help ensuring adequate and consistent funding within the different structures
3. Property Management
- Liaise with property managers and review numbers, information provided on a regular basis
- Perform consistency checks to support providing accurate information
4. Asset Management, Acquisitions & Sales Support
- Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required.
- Support in monitoring operating budgets, liquidity and cash management for investments.
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives for all financial reporting processes and suggest (or even participate in) Yardi enhancements.
- Liaison with 3rd party property managers and finance teams across Europe.
- Contribute to projects by performing ad hoc project activities.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- University degree in Accounting/Finance (ACCA is an asset)
- Min 4 years (Accountant level) of work experience in a similar field
- 2 years of real estate exposure needed
- Good knowledge of Lux GAAP (IFRS and/or French GAAP experience considered as an asset)
- Proficiency with MS Office standard applications. Yardi Voyager experience a plus
- Fluent in English and French. Any other language would be considered as an asset
- Dynamic personality with a can do and hands on attitude
- Solution oriented approach/ problem-solving ability
- High sense of organization
- Detail oriented while constantly viewing the big picture
- Ability to handle and prioritize a wide variety of situations and challenges
- Ability to work independently but also be an excellent team player
- Curiousity and enthusiasm for business related matters with a strong desire to learn and support
- Manages stress well and uses it as a positive motivator
- High energy level; exhibits positive attitude, flexibility and stress resistance
- Sense of ownership, accountability and urgency
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to deal efficiently with people at different level of hierarchy
THE CLIENT :
Our client is an international leading Real Estate entity company in Europe
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.