SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, PRIVATE BANKING (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is delighted to represent one of the largest Custodian Banks in the World in their search of Senior legal counsel in Luxembourg. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Legal expert wanting to continue and develop their career in the realm of private banking. We are looking for a highly professional individual who will provide the business with legal advice, analysing all aspects of the banking business from a legal perspective.
This new challenging position involves:
- Advising the Business on all legal matters, with a focus on civil law, banking and financial services regulations (including but not limited to: consumer and investor protection, securities and corporate law, banking secrecy and data protection, international private law),
- Handling litigations and complaints in close collaboration with other internal functions and external counsels,
- Supporting the strategy initiatives and projects,
- Interacting with and supervising outside counsels.
The candidate will work closely with an international team of young, enthusiastic legal counsels in the areas of Legal Wealth Management and Asset Servicing.
- Holds a master's degree in law (additional relevant education like LL.M. an asset)
- At least 5-7 years of practical experience in wealth management and private banking in Luxembourg,
- Possesses a strong interest in complex legal and regulatory issues as well as the ability to manage multiple internal and external interfaces,
- Is an analytic thinker, with the ability to provide practical solutions,
- Open and effective communicator, the candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills,
- Is a highly resilient and proactive team player who enjoys working in a dynamic and demanding environment,
- Is solution-oriented and assertive,
- Is fluent in English and French, German, Dutch and Nordic languages being an asset.
Our Client, is one of the largest Custodian Banks in the World. This position is based in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.