SPV FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (M/F)
Publiée le 08/03/2023
DO Recruitment Advisors
SPV FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (M/F)
In the context of a strong development of its business and continued growth, our client wishes to strengthen its fund administration and services team and is currently looking for an experienced SPV Financial Controller to be based in Luxembourg. The fund administration and services team in Luxembourg consists of ~28 employees and has been growing steadily over the past years.
The SPV Financial Controller will oversee the SPV accounting team under the direct supervision of the Funds CFO and will work closely with the fund administration and services team. He will also interact regularly with the investor relations team, the group's finance & accounting team and management. The right high performing candidate will have excellent career development opportunities with increasing levels of responsibility granted over time.
- Management and oversight of the SPV accounting team, which includes 3 accounting professionals;
- Control and supervision of accounting and tax tasks for several SPVs (~40 as of today), including supervision of monthly (for master Luxco) and quarterly for (holding SPVs) management accounts production, as well as regulatory BCL reports and tax returns filing. The SPVs are mainly based in Luxembourg, but can be based in Europe and the US;
- Close interaction with the Luxembourg Legal team, in particular with respect to information included in legal documentation relating to SPVs;
- Ensure a smooth and efficient process of the accounts payable cycle (invoice approval and payments);
- Ensure completeness and timely intercompany reconciliation;
- Calculate administration fees to be recharged to various entities and prepare budgets and forecasts on a regular basis in that context;
- Monitor process linked to sublease activities of master Luxco;
- Key contact in the audit process for SPVs. Support the the team in preparing year-end files and liaising with auditors (at year-end and for interim profit reviews in the year);
- Liaise with outsourced tax compliance providers as well as accounting service providers for non Lux SPVs;
- Control and approve invoices and payments;
- Support the team in the context of various ad-hoc queries.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- At least 10 years' experience within the private equity sector or the fund industry;
- Master's/ Bachelor's Degree, with a qualification in accounting/finance or related field;
- Excellent knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP. Expertise on other GAAP (UK, IFRS would be a plus);
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written skills. French would be an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel). Knowledge of eFront and/or Power BI would be a plus;
- Familiar with transfer pricing regulatory environment;
- Familiar working in a multi-currency and multinational environment;
- Ability to build and develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders as well as previous experience working with auditors;
- Good attention to detail and reaching high-level quality standards;
- Proactive, dynamic, well-organised and solution-driven individual; thriving in a fast-paced work environment;
- You work with flexibility, commitment and are a strong team player.
Our client is leading private equity firm.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.