1 Teacher for English as foreign language - secondary cycle
Publiée le 17/05/2023
Ecole Européenne Luxembourg I
A teacher for English as foreign language in the Secondary cycle of the European School Luxembourg I from 01/09/2023 until 31/08/2024.
- The candidate will be a teacher for English as foreign language at secondary school level (all levels up to BAC).
- The candidate will be native English speaker (mother tongue level or level C2).
- The candidate will have previous experience as teacher in Secondary.
- Qualification to teach English as mother tongue will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience as teacher in a European school and knowledge of at least one of the other working languages of the European School of Luxembourg (FR-DE) will be considered an asset.
- The candidate will be motivated to work in a team together with the other teachers and pedagogical advisors of the secondary cycle.
- The candidate will be willing to acquire the necessary knowledge for the effective use of the European Schools' specific software.
- The candidate will have knowledge of the European School system and be motivated to work in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
- The candidate will have a strong sense of responsibility and an impeccable personal presentation.
- The candidate has to be a EU citizen or be in possession of an authorisation to work in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg at the time of application.
- An fixed term contract (1 year) renewable as of September 1st 2023 in accordance with the Service regulations for the locally recruited teachers in the European Schools: (https://www.eursc.eu/fr/Office/official-texts/basic-texts/en under "Service Regulations for Locally recruited teachers in the European Schools - 2016-05-D-11-en-10" (https://www.eursc.eu/BasicTexts/2016-05-D-11-en-10.pdf),
- 21 teaching periods per week,
- Monthly gross salary: 8.081,85 EUR per month (384,85 EUR/ month for one period of teaching a week in Secondary classes,
- Removal costs (art. 37): “A locally recruited teacher recruited for a minimum period of one year and a contract providing a minimum of 16 hours/periods per week shall, as provided in Article 59 and Article 62 of the Regulations for Seconded Staff Members of the European Schools, be entitled to reimbursement of the expenses caused by the removal to the place of the school (…)”,
- Installation allowance (art. 37bis): “A locally recruited teacher recruited for a minimum period of one year and a contract providing a minimum of 16 hours/periods per week who furnishes evidence of having been obliged to change his/her place of residence and of having actually settled at his/her place of employment (…) shall be entitled (a) to an installation allowance (…)”.
- School fees (art. 39): “For school year teachers a reduction in school fees shall be granted during the period of his/her employment for any of his/her children enrolled in the European Schools. The reduction shall amount to 7% per weekly hour taught in the nursery and primary cycles and to 5% per weekly period taught in the secondary cycle. The present Article shall not give entitlement to any compensation in cases where a child of a locally recruited is enrolled in a school other than one of the European Schools.”
- All applications have to be uploaded exclusively via the recruitment portal of the European School Luxembourg I – Kirchberg. (https://www.euroschool.lu/vacancies) at the latest by Sunday June 4th 2023 to the attention of
- Mr. Martin WEDEL, Director of the European School Luxembourg I
- Indicating the reference 2023-05-SEC-EN-L2 in the motivation letter.
- The application must be accompanied by:
- a motivation letter,
- a detailed curriculum vitae (if possible in « Europass » format),
- a copy of the study diploma,
- an extract from the criminal record (bulletin 3 and 5 for Luxembourg or equivalent for other countries) dated less than 3 months,
- if applicable, a valid authorisation to work in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for non-EU nationals, must be attached to the application.
- All documents uploaded must be in .PDF format !
- Incomplete applications, sent by post, by e-mail or after the deadline will not be considered.
- No reply will be given to candidates before the end of the procedure.
- Those interested in this position who do not have the required profile are kindly requested to refrain from applying.
- Interviews are scheduled the week of June 19th 2023.
Detailed information about our school and the European Schools in general can be found on the website of the European School Luxembourg I www.euroschool.lu respectively on the website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu .
Requests for additional information will be handled until May 25th, midday, and have to be addressed to the following email address email@example.com.