EDMOND DE ROTHSCHILD (Europe) looks for a:
DEPOSITARY BANK ANALYST – CDD 12 months (M/F)
Full time job based in Luxembourg
Edmond de Rothschild is a conviction-driven investment house founded on the idea that wealth should be used to build the future. Family-based, independent and specialized, the Group favors bold strategies and investments rooted in the real economy, combining long-term performance and impact.
Edmond de Rothschild (Europe) acts as Depositary Bank for a wide range of UCIs across various client segments. Our mission is to provide investor protection, through overseeing the general administration of the Funds, the safekeeping of the Funds’ assets and segregation, and the monitoring of the cash accounts of the Funds. Additionally, Depositary Bank Supervision ensures that all depositary oversight duties are performed in accordance with laws and regulations.
As part of its efforts to reinforce its oversight activities, the Depositary Bank Supervision department is seeking a Depositary Bank Analyst (M/F).
As a Depositary Bank Analyst, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and perform depositary bank oversight controls, cash flow monitoring
- Work with internal & external parties to resolve queries, escalate issues and handle audit requests, and Provide departmental reporting to management
- Be involved in assessing the complexity of Funds’ strategies and determine how to apply oversight procedures appropriately to each Fund
- Participate in the coordination of projects, requests for proposals, remote and on-site due diligences (e.g. AIFM, ManCos, administrators, and sub-custodians)
- Maintain and enhance depositary procedures, contribute actively to the review of the control framework including checklists, and suggest improvements
- Represent the Depositary oversight function internally within the Group (e.g. committees), and externally by attending commercial venues and seminars
- Keep up-to-date with related business, technical and regulatory developments
PROFILE & COMPETENCES
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, management, law, or any other relevant education, ideally supplemented with training in risk management or relating to the banking / fund industry overall
- Professional experience of minimum 1 year in audit, fund control or operations, client service management with focus on fund activities and operations
- Knowledge of depositary duties and responsibilities under UCITS and AIFMD regulations a requirement, understanding of complex Funds Private Equity, Real Estate, and Hedge Funds being a distinct advantage for the role
- Excellent analytical skills, able to articulate issues, independent thinking and judgment, problem solving approach overall coupled with a « can do » attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills e.g. ability to build and maintain strong relationships within or outside the Group with experience of managing interactions
- Ability to plan, prioritize, solve complex issues, and handle multiple tasks in parallel while meeting tight deadlines
- French being the corporate language, strong working proficiency is required both verbally and in writing in addition to the aptitude to synthesize complex information in concise messages verbally and in writing in English and in French
- Proven team spirit with a high and constant level of commitment, equally comfortable working independently or within a team, and coordinating work across multiple disciplines or organizations
- Computer literacy consisting of strong functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications, particularly in Excel, knowledge in VBA being an asset
This position may involve traveling to other European countries.