Department: Group Internal Audit
Location: Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
Contract: Permanent; full time
- As an independent consultant you will examine the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, business control and governance processes. You will review the compliance to laws and regulations and to company policies and procedures, recommend improvement of processes and systems and monitor the implementation of relevant action plans.
- You contribute to the definition of the risk based annual audit plan of the internal audit strategy.
- You conduct extensive, technical, and complex audit assignments including planning, process analysis, risk assessment, business control design and effectiveness evaluation.
- You identify and analyze the causes of inefficient practices and assess alternatives which might yield desired results.
- You prepare comprehensive and documented reports addressing pertinent recommendations and actions plans; and you communicate the results to the Head of Internal Audit and to the Heads of the respective departments.
- You present the audit reports with the Head of Group Internal Audit to the Executive and Audit Committees.
- You plan and coordinate the work of external subject matter experts and verify their audit deliverables.
- You monitor the effective implementation of recommendations.
- You conduct effective interviews and meetings and facilitate teamwork.
- You contribute to the training of the internal auditors, supervise their work and audit deliverables.
- You hold a master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of audit experience. Operational audit experience is a must and a prior experience in a public accounting or auditing firm, preferably in a similar industry, is considered an asset.
- IT auditing experience is considered a plus.
- ACCA, CIA, CFE, CISA or related certifications are strong advantages.
- You are autonomous, proactive, and result oriented.
- You show a high level of initiative and strong analytical skills.
- Experience in training and supervising the work of junior auditors is a strong asset.
- You are a team player and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You have strong computing skills (knowledge of SAP is an advantage).
- You are fluent in English, French and German. The knowledge of Luxemburgish is a plus.
A certified copy of your diploma as well as a recent copy of your criminal record will be requested after the first interview.