The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) was created in 1981, on the occasion of the first European Council held in Maastricht and is supported by the EU Member States and the European Commission. Our core mission is to provide a mix of dep insights and practical knowledge about EU policies, to all professionals related to EU public affairs, with the key objective of further improving their skills and capabilities for effective management of the policies.
In addition to the Maastricht based headquarters, EIPA has a centre in Luxembourg: The European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (ECJL). EIPA Luxembourg focuses on training, research and consultancy on various fields of EU law, including general aspects of EU law. internal market regulation, competition law and state aid, green deal, digital policy and the EU area of freedom security and Justice. Currently we have a vacancy for a:
Project Organiser (F/M)
Based in Luxembourg
The Project Organiser (PO) will be part of the team of Project Organisers and will report to the PO Coordinator and cooperate closely with the financial department at EIPA Luxembourg, with colleagues at EIPA’s headquarters in Maastricht and with the scientific staff in Luxembourg on a project-by-project basis. The position involves daily contact with various external experts, service providers, clients and participants at our training activities, and may - exceptionally - provide the opportunity for travel to provide organisational and logistical support at events taking place outside of Luxembourg.
You will have a wide variety of tasks and challenges, ranging from regular “standard” activities to projects of varying complexity. Your time will be shared between the logistics and organisational assistance in projects and various training activities EIPA is offering. More specifically, the successful candidate will have an IT-oriented and event organisational profile, ideally combined with interest or experience with marketing related tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with the rest of the PO team to provide comprehensive administrative and organisational support services
- Organisational, logistical, administrative, marketing and contractual aspects of the organisation of training events in Luxembourg (open enrolment and contracted courses) as well as of training and other capacity building activities abroad throughout the EU and countries neighbouring the EU.
- Preparation of activity budgets and control of invoices from suppliers and experts associated with the activities in question before submitting such invoices to the financial department for payment
- Manage and update the Moodle platform, EIPA’s learning management system
- To be the main contact point for participants and trainers/experts including logistics (travel, accommodation) and dealing with honoraria.
- IT-Literacy (Microsoft, LMS Moodle, video conferencing platforms). Demonstration of a certain level of web mastering and/or E-learning-related IT-skills will be an advantage.
- High level of planning and organisational skills (e.g. time management, ability to prioritise and coordinate the work with others, taking appropriate action when required, capable of coordinating services provided by different suppliers and keeping an overview, both internally and externally).
- Fluency and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional and representative manner in English and French, both spoken and written, including the capacity to independently draft correspondence and reply to standard inquiries. Similar proficiency in German and/or Luxembourgish will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken in the above languages).
- Being a team player, flexible and proactive, including readiness to help colleagues, to maintain an overview and communicate professionally and politely, even in busy periods.
- Demonstrated sense of cultural diversity: being able to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Networking skills: being able to establish and maintain (international) contacts at different levels, within and outside the organisation.
- Preferably having the nationality of one of the EU Member States, of the candidate countries to the EU, or one of the EEA countries.
- BTS – Brevet de technicien supérieur or Bachelor degree (Higher Vocational Education), or equivalent education.
- Prior relevant practical experience and the ability to think and work accordingly is an advantage.
Date of commencement:
As soon as possible.
Applications (Vacancy number V0229)
The position is part-time and temporary for at least one year, with the possibility of extension to an unlimited contract.
If you are interested, please send your application (including motivation letter and CV), in English or French before 17 January 2022.
For more information about the position you can contact Ms. Christiane Lamesch by telephone at +352 426 230 302 or by email: email@example.com
Interviews are expected to take place in Luxembourg at the end of January 2022.
Please check our website www.eipa.eu for more general information about our Institute, its activities and other vacancies at EIPA.