Junior Consultant - Strategy & Transaction Services
Publiée le 19/03/2023
We’re looking for our new colleague who will be part of our SaT – TS (Transaction support) Team
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll Integrate you from day 1 into our operations on equally footing with more experienced colleagues, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
To learn more about our service offerings, please visit What you can do here.
As an assistant within a rapidly growing team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of corporate finance and transaction - related assignments in an EMIEA - wide integrated Strategy and Transactions practice of one of the world's largest accounting and advisory firms.
Your clients will include private equity funds, SMEs, and financial institutions as well as founding entrepreneurs looking to expand their business through M&A or divest / exit their existing investments. You will be involved in performing financial due diligence on companies across multiple industries and geographies helping your buy-side clients to identify value drivers and potential risks as part of their pre-acquisition investment decision-making and transaction structuring process or accompany sell-side clients from the preparation for a divestment process to the deal conclusion (either as a due diligence provider or an M&A advisor). Moreover, you will help identifying potential deal opportunities and provide strategic acquisition/divestment advice.
As part of the Luxembourg-based team you will not only be involved in different types of corporate finance projects (buy-side and sell-side due diligence, data room preparation, SPA review and bidder Q&A, lead advisory) across all geographies, but you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other regional teams (France, UK, Germany etc.) to support their respective clients.
What we look for
- You have an agile and sharp mindset. What you know matters, but the ability to properly apply this knowledge matters more – the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who have solid basic valuation and financial knowledge, but are also innovative, and can work in an agile way keeping pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities in every challenge and don’t get discouraged when things get tough. We’re looking for people who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- You are highly motivated. We’re looking for logical thinkers with a passion for numbers and attention to detail. However, we are not looking for individualists – being a strong team player is critical and the right candidate should have the ability to adapt to changing requirements and deadlines.
- Qualifications: eligibility requirements include the following:
- You hold a master’s degree with specialization in Finance, Economics, Accounting, business or similar.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of French and/or German will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, and teaming skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- An applicable first experience in finance (e.g. internships).
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills within a flat hierarchy.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal career development seizing opportunities presented to you.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together. Being part of a small and growing team not only means that your voice counts, but that it will pro-actively contribute to the evolution of our practice.
- An intellectually challenging role within a leading international company.
- Personal development: all of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development.
- Growth potential in a dynamic and diverse team.
What you can expect
- A first HR Call
- Two technical interviews