On behalf of an international bank, we are looking for a Tax Management Specialist expert in the banking and financing business.
- Analyze the tax impact of structural changes in a rapidly growing bank (supported by external advisors).
- Assist with financial planning by calculating financial impact on tax.
- Manage the questions arising from business departments and cross border branches regarding tax impact of customer transactions, principally withholding tax questions arising from foreign transactions mainly associated with Corporate Lending and trade financing.
- Manage the Transfer Pricing framework, documentation and process for the bank.
- Review and control monthly VAT declarations (Luxembourg).
- Control tax payments, provisions, and reconciliation for the Luxembourg Entities.
- Review, update and improve tax-related business processes and source data.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax documentation database.
- Assist with the preparation of annual corporate tax returns and annual VAT declaration, liaise with external advisors, review the returns and ensure timely submission.
- Offer support and guidance during internal and external audits.
- Liaise with the Luxembourg tax authorities when required, responding to tax correspondence.
- Research tax issues, analyze tax regulations, and monitor industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Propose improvements to internal processes to optimize efficiency, and enforce high-level of documentation.
- Provide trainings and updates on tax matters to stakeholders, such as management and business departments.
- In-depth knowledge of taxes in Luxembourg, confident with dealing with local and international cross-border tax issues such as
- CIT, MBT, NWT and VAT
- Transfer pricing, BEPS
- Withholding Tax frameworks
- DAC6, ATAD, FATCA etc.
- Deferred taxation
- Knowledge of tax accounting procedures, including deferred tax (IFRS)
- High level of Excel proficiency
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to analyze tax legislation and associated data
- Interested to work in a multi-cultural business environment
- Team player yet able to work autonomously, well organized and accurate, flexible and solution-minded
- Committed, confident, determined, self-motivated and with strong work ethic
- Degree in relevant field such as accounting, finance, tax, economics
- International tax certification is a distinct advantage
- Proven experience (3 years minimum) as a Tax Specialist, Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst, or similar
- Fluency in English is essential
If you are interested in this job position, please feel free to apply or contact Myriam RACHID.