Overview of the Role
As a Senior Risk Officer, you will execute special projects aiming at maintaining and supporting the improvement of the company’s Risk Management framework with the guidance of the leadership team. You will be responsible for a wide range of activities, assisting in overseeing all areas of risks; operational (including information security), reputation, business and strategic risks.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support for the design of a proper Risk Framework for each type of strategy/product
- Participate in the periodic review of the risk policies and procedures by providing a preliminary review to incorporate the agreed content.
- Contribute to the development of tools and data necessary for the assessment and monitoring of risks
- Actively contribute to the design of the stress-testing framework and to regularly assess its effectiveness against the material risks of the company and industry practice.
- Responsible, with the support of the Compliance Officer, for the production of presentation, reporting and other materials for the various committees and to internal & external stakeholders and legal authorities
- Proven experience in banking risk management across a range of different risk types (e.g., market/credit/operational/liquidity risk) & regulatory expertise
- Good understanding of risk management concepts (e.g., risk identification, risk appetite framework, scenario analysis and stress testing)
- Transversal understanding of business implications
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in French (English is a plus)
- Ability to challenge new ideas from a risk perspective
- Entrepreneurial mind-set to set-up, implement processes and further improve them